Author Topic: FATAL: Dishwasher Liquid Soap -SEE WARNING !!!!!!! KILLS YOUR TMX  (Read 127820 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Bron's Dishwasher Liquid Soap - with Spanish video
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 09:38:46 am »
Thanks for the report --- and welcome to the Forum  ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:40 am »
Can I Ask?? - How did this go with just the vinegar and No rinse aid??? And do you have to use white wine vinegar or is normal white vinegar OK?? - Still waiting for for thermomixer to be delivered but when it comes would like to give this a burl. Thanks  :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 04:18:57 am »
Aussies anyone know where i can buy ammonia (bunnings??) - my local woollies didn't have it and said they haven't had it in in ages and aren't expecting to any time soon.

also, glycerine is at the chemist right???

was trying to buy everything to make the hand soap, dishwasher and laundry liquid, without much success!!!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 08:01:22 am »
Foodland has cloudy ammonia amongst the cleaning items Karen.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 08:32:31 am »
Glycerine may be in the "Baking Needs" or "Health" section of the supermarkets, otherwise at the chemist.

Cloudy ammonia was at our local Coles with a No-Name label, but should definitely be in the cleaning section at Bunnings.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 08:39:55 am »
we don't have foodland here unfrotunately judy.

thanks tmxr, will check coles or bunnings. brave that stinky cleaning aisle again (hate it)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35:52 pm »
Have held off making this until I had time to research the effect of the salt on the dishwasher.  There was a heated debate on it on a German thread, which is what made me check it out.  As far as I can find, so long as normal salt doesn't go into the 'salt' section of the dishwasher, and dishwasher salt doesn't go into the 'detergent' section of the dishwasher, everything is absolutely fine.  In fact, many of these 4-in-1 tablets include salt.  So I now know that this recipe is, in effect, a 5-in-1 (similar to Finish).  So there you go, a top of the range detergent (even if not in convenient tablet form) for a fraction of the price and environmental impact.

I've had the rinse aid sat in the cupboard ready to make this for some time, but it was waiting on my doing the salt research.  I plan to make it in the next few days.  My next batch I intend to try with vinegar, and see if there's a difference.  I don't see why there should be, but then I would never know if I hadn't tried the original way first, would I?  :)

Has anyone else already tried the white vinegar route to compare?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 08:00:05 am »
Do you think it would matter whether the rinse aid is blue or yellow? I have some yellow sitting in the cupboard  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46:26 pm »
I used Vinegar instead of rinseaid. The only thing is that when I was the decor containers and wine glasses in the dishwasher, they are left with a film over them. It's not a big issue for me, I just make sure I had wash those items.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 02:44:13 am »
I finally got around to making this but when I used it the first time in my dishwasher it crazed my beer glasses. I was glad I didn't have my Riedels in there. I will still use it but nor for glasses. Love the smell and it is good for just washing up in the sink too.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 02:52:28 am »
I've been having mixed success with this one.  I have been having to rinse things before putting in the dishwasher (I keep a bucket of water in the sink for that process) but it worries me with all that salt, especially on good crystal etc because isn't salt a cutting compound? I only use it perhaps once in every 3 times these days, depending on what is in the dishwasher.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 03:59:17 am »
Wise move I think Judy.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 08:39:50 am »
I've been having mixed success with this one.  I have been having to rinse things before putting in the dishwasher (I keep a bucket of water in the sink for that process) but it worries me with all that salt, especially on good crystal etc because isn't salt a cutting compound? I only use it perhaps once in every 3 times these days, depending on what is in the dishwasher.

Yes, I was keen to use this as well JD but am also having mixed success.  Unfortunately, my dishwasher doesn't like it (no not my husband, my machine  ;D ;)).  I tried straining it to remove some of the last remaining lemon "bits", but my diswasher kept beeping when it was draining that the filter thingies were blocked! (I have a mid-range LG dishwasher).  Doh!! - that could have really saved me some money!  Have gone back to the old "no label" cheap powder which does the trick.
Ali
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 04:25:23 am »
Ali, I thought I was the only one having this problem!! I have posted somewhere on this forum that I was having that problem and thought it was MY machine (a Whirlpool). Do we have another thread about this?? Off to have a look. Unfortunately I have had to stop using it as it results in a service call for my machine  >:( :'(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 04:32:19 am »
lol found it

If you have an enclosed heating element, then it is ok on the bottom (nothing gets melted when it is enclosed I can vouch for that  :-)) ) I love the dishwasher goo but my dishwasher doesn't so we have to alternate. My dishwasher is very sensitive (NEVER recommend it >:() and if I do too many goo loads in succession it has a hissy fit and claims that it is blocked up and dirty and won't work (actually is a service call to get fixed  :-)) but I have a fantastic service man who showed me how to fix it lol) still very annoying  :(

was here on this thread about bowls etc going in the dishwasher  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1287.0

We don't use it at all now as it was requiring us to "fix it"  too often that it became time consuming  :(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!