Author Topic: SCRAMBLED EGGS  (Read 15885 times)

Offline sirrahk

• View Profile
SCRAMBLED EGGS
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:33 pm »
Has anyone made scrambled eggs in the TMX (intentionally that is!! ::)  If so would you mind sharing, speed time etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Recently purchased a Thermomix and loving it.  Great forum and look forward to coming back regularly to pick up tips & recipes.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: SCRAMBLED EGGS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 01:47:52 am »
Hi sirrahk

I have made creamed eggs - HERE

You don't need the truffle.  It would pay to try with less butter and substitute some cream or milk.

One problem with eggs in this form or dishes like zablagione as in this recipe is that the eggs do tend to catch on the base - but not a big problem.

Use the butterfly and slow speed and either 70 or 80ºC.

Just experiment.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:08:29 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline sirrahk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:11 pm »
 :)  Thanks for the links & advice Thermomixer

I shall do as you suggest & experiment a bit more.

Cheers & thanks again

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
i did it once early on and it was  a disaster! i've been meaning to try thermomix-r's method and give it another go :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:38:57 am »
My husband made scrambled eggs this morning.  He and my daughter both said they were excellent (I didn't have any).  This is what he did:

4 eggs
50g milk
30g butter
salt & pepper

Put all ingredients in mixing bowl.  Put butterfly whisk in.  10 minutes at speed 2, 100 degrees.

Hope this helps

Caroline
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: SCRAMBLED EGGS - cleaning afterward
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 10:56:49 am »
Hi, I just saw this posting by Tenina on another thread, regarding problems with cleaning the mixer bowl after cooking eggs.  It was really helpful advice, hence I've coped and pasted it here:

"Eggs will always stick unless the pan is hot when they hit it (no matter what the pan is made of) so my recommendation is to heat the TM bowl until it has reached temp, and then put your egg(s) in. However...if the eggs are in with other ingredients, it should not matter.
Usually sticking occurs if there has been a recipe malfunction...you have added time to the recipe for example, or used a higher temp than recommended, or the speed was incorrect...however if you do have a catch, a non-stick scourer is fine to use as already explained in this forum."

My husband said that the clean up after his scrambled egg recipe was difficult in thermomix terms, but not in absolute terms  :)  He immediately rinsed it, then did the self-clean with washing up liquid, then finished off the job by dismantling the machine and giving it a quick swish with a smooth wire cleaning pad.  I'll suggest that he tries the above method next time, and see if that brings it back to being easy to clean.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!