Author Topic: Faffa's best yoghurt recipe  (Read 138048 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Faffa's best yoghurt recipe
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:49 am »
it needs to be a yoghurt  ladle  amy, i will try and find a photo for u

. . . . . and you'll find it here, Amy!! ;D ;D ;D

http://www.la-tavola.it/scheda.php?cod_prod=10434&id_cat=3&id_scat=3

Uni??  Are you there . . . .??   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 08:16:30 am »
it needs to be a yoghurt  ladle  amy, i will try and find a photo for u

. . . . . and you'll find it here, Amy!! ;D ;D ;D

http://www.la-tavola.it/scheda.php?cod_prod=10434&id_cat=3&id_scat=3

Uni??  Are you there . . . .??   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LMAO  :D :D :D :D - I think I want one  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2012, 08:54:46 am »
thats too funny GF. see Amy i wasnt lying  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2012, 09:30:39 am »
ROFL ;D ;D ;D ;D

I want one too!!!

jakodai

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 12:40:56 am »
Quote from: Amy :-)
So... TM should be pretty close now?! :D

It's here!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 12:44:19 am »
Well I guess it will be a little while before we hear back from you jakodai - have fun today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:09 am »
Quote from: Amy :-)
So... TM should be pretty close now?! :D

It's here!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Judy's probably right lol ;) Have fun Amanda! How exciting for you after so long!!! ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 03:52:29 am »
I just made another batch of yoghurt and when I took the lid of TM to pour it into the thermoserver there was a big dollop of froth on top. Has anyone else had this happen? Does it mean my yoghurt is not going to work? :-[

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 01:54:14 am »
In answer to my own question: no, the froth didn't seem to spoil my yoghurt. Phew! :D

jakodai

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 02:17:16 am »
I'm making this tomorrow! I bought some yoghurt to use as a starter and I'm just going to amuse the thermoserver for now. If it goes well and DS & I like it, I'm going to buy the yoghurt maker that I posted a link for previously, and the yoghurt starter.

I bought the devondale long life milk Amy, didn't you say that it was less bitey? It's or a toddler so I don't want it too strong.

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 02:59:41 am »
YAY!!!! ;D ;D ;D I'm soooooooo excited for you Amanda :-*

Yeah, Devondale has less of that sour bite than Harvey Fresh. Its much nicer, so probably better for a toddler! I have used both Jalna and Paul's pot set yoghurt as my starters, and they both work well. I think I will just keep doing it like this because it's cheaper, and I love the yoghurt it makes! :D

jakodai

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 03:15:53 am »
Sorry, that should be use, not amuse... Stupid auto correct! Lol

My biggest concern with the starter is the cost of always buying more when I run out. Once I've bought the starter and it's in the freezer I don't have to worry about buying more. Then again, I'm sure I can make lots of yoghurt from one pot, and the cost isn't THAT much really. I forgot to look at he use by date when I bought it (very unlike me) but with the way DS goes through yoghurt I'm sure it won't go to waste! Lol.

If I wanted to add some puréed fruit to the yoghurt, when is the best time to do that? Will the yoghurt go runny if I mix it in when I'm serving it up? Will the yoghurt not set if I mixed it in before I leave it to sit?

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 03:34:58 am »
I was thinking of buying one of these to put my yoghurt in instead of the thermoserver. It keeps the temperature right so you don't have to worry about blankets, etc. I also like the idea of the small containers - just a nice size for a 2 year old's mouth... lol.

Question, though - I want to buy the starter that is mentioned in faffa's original post, but I was thinking of just using 1 litre of milk, because I think 2 litres would make too much for me DS to get through. Would I still use 1/8th of a teaspoon? It's kind of difficult to accurately measure 1/16th of a teaspoon... :-/  Or is near enough close enough?

(by the way... 2 more sleeps to go...!)

The YoLife yogurt maker should now be available in Australia and has two lids - and 7 small jars and a large 2-liter jar that is used with the high dome lid (or you can use 3 1-quart or 1-liter jars.   
The vendor here is Tribest - owns the patents.
I've had one of these for a few years and recently bought another - have also sent one to my daughter.

This is one Au vendor
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 03:38:32 am »
Sorry, that should be use, not amuse... Stupid auto correct! Lol

My biggest concern with the starter is the cost of always buying more when I run out. Once I've bought the starter and it's in the freezer I don't have to worry about buying more. Then again, I'm sure I can make lots of yoghurt from one pot, and the cost isn't THAT much really. I forgot to look at he use by date when I bought it (very unlike me) but with the way DS goes through yoghurt I'm sure it won't go to waste! Lol.

If I wanted to add some puréed fruit to the yoghurt, when is the best time to do that? Will the yoghurt go runny if I mix it in when I'm serving it up? Will the yoghurt not set if I mixed it in before I leave it to sit?

Lol gotta love auto correct :-))

No, yoghurt doesn't go to waste in this house either! Using the Jalna or Paul's yoghurt is just cheaper and a lot more convenient for me. I can just go to WW and buy it whenever I want ;)

You would need to add the fruit just before eating it. If you add it before the yoghurt probably won't set :P

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 04:46:21 am »
Question, though - I want to buy the starter that is mentioned in faffa's original post, but I was thinking of just using 1 litre of milk, because I think 2 litres would make too much for me DS to get through. Would I still use 1/8th of a teaspoon? It's kind of difficult to accurately measure 1/16th of a teaspoon... :-/  Or is near enough close enough?

I only make 1 litre at a time too Jakodai and use a Cheeselinks starter.  I rang them when I first got it to ask how much should I use and the person I talked to said that she just sticks the end of a knife into the granules and lifts out only a few, far less than you'd think.  That is what I do now, you'll be surprised at just how little you need.  Good luck.  :)