Author Topic: Nectarine and Plum Crumble: Nifty but Thrifty p23  (Read 2486 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Nectarine and Plum Crumble: Nifty but Thrifty p23
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:34:26 am »
I made the crumble topping from this recipe today, but used a different fruit base (quince, apple and raspberry).   I chopped my almonds roughly in the TMX on turbo a couple of times before making the rest of the crumble.  It was a lot more butter than I normally use for my usual crumble recipe, and the mixture was quite "wet" and stuck together a bit, but I put it into the fridge for 30 mins and the butter hardened up a bit and I used my fingers to "crumble" the topping over the fruit.  The quantity made heaps of topping, and I only used 1/2 the mixture to top a medium crumble in a 2L pyrex casserole dish.  I have frozen the rest for an easy dessert another day.  It certainly was a delicious crumble, with a  really nice crunchy texture - more "chunky" than some crumble toppings which can be quite fine and floury.  I really enjoyed it and will use it again.  Just because I like spices in my crumbles, I would probably add cinnamon and a hint of ginger as well.

Linked JD
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:58:00 am by judydawn »
Karen in Adelaide

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nectarine and Plum Crumble: Nifty but Thrifty p23
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »
Thanks Karen. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I am partial to a nice crumble.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Nectarine and Plum Crumble: Nifty but Thrifty p23
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:37:04 am »
Sounds very nice Karen.