Author Topic: TM6 experiments with new functions  (Read 29808 times)

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
Re: TM6 experiments with new functions
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 04:44:22 am »
There is the advantage that the scales weigh in 1gm increments. I don't think I have ever had to weigh 3gms or 72gms of an ingredient but for all the wonderful bakers on the forum it may make a difference. Julie would be the best one to ask as she bakes great things and has the 6. You are able to access Cookidoo using the screen (which is larger). The biggest advantage is having the higher temp. As Julies photos and clear explanation showed, the onions browned well with pre heating the TMX. Also Julie had success with the fermentation mode in proving bread, I would be interested to hear more about that. The measuring cup fits securely and the spatula is flexible. Both of these items can be purchased and fit TMX 5. So really at the end of the day it looks like Julie has given us more insight than any of the demonstrations we have attended.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:02:37 am by mcmich »
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 05:56:27 am »
Thanks, Michele, all too true. In the end it all boils down to how you cook. I think the 6 is very good for someone just starting to cook with. TMX.  Or for people like Julie who are attracted to particular functions. I don’t need the new small  measuring characteristic, nor the bread proving feature. I’m also not very good with the computer technology.  I keep asking as I hope there is a feature that would appeal to me. I think I am going to have to wait until TMX provide the ability to put our own recipes on the machine.  The service manager in Melbourne said it will happen as it is a software issue .  Not a major build with the machine. I doubt that it will happen as TMX likes to charge for you to use their recipes.  I’m very much against this in principle.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2020, 05:56:17 am »
I must say that now I have used the TMX 6 a bit more, that I really like the 1gm incriments on the scales. DS told me it was more accurate but weighing things seems easier.

I wanted to try the sous vide function today using the simmering basket. Went to vacuum some chicken and my sealer has died. It's at least 16 years old. Finding another one in stock is proving a bit tricky.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 08:43:57 am »
I guess all the people who were stocking up bought them to freeze their stockpile.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2020, 11:23:27 pm »
I think you are right Cookie.
Last night made mushroom risotto for TM6. It's something I made reguarly using the 31 & 5. It used the high heat function for browning the onions and rice. It did add a depth of flavour. DH & I both thought it was just that bit nicer.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2020, 06:28:40 am »
Thanks for that. I love to hear what you and JulieO have been doing with the 6.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2020, 10:00:18 am »
The blade cover is now available. Have ordered mine.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2020, 11:55:11 am »
I ordered one too to use on TM5 .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2020, 12:42:57 pm »
I think I will get one for my 5 too.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2020, 11:50:30 pm »
Do that MJ. I have only recently discovered the Cookiedoo facebook site.

Hi Everybody - it's been such a long time since I showed my face here and I hope to get back into the habit again.
I have my eye on the TM 6, although my husband is unaware of this - at this stage.  ;D I still have my old TM31, so Julie's posts have been very useful to get an idea of what the machine can do.
I had no idea there was a Cookidoo FB page either!
Cheers, Amanda
https://www.lambsearsandhoney.com/
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 08:23:56 am »
Lovely to hear from you Amanda.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2020, 11:57:35 pm »
Amanda, nice to see you back.  Thanks for the message about the Japanese Milk bread on my Blog.  Do give it a go. It is very easy and quite different. The Yudane , I think will last much longer in the fridge.  The Yudane that I used in the Wholemeal version was over 24 hours old.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2020, 01:21:04 am »
 Hi, I still have the TM5 and TM6, I like some of the new functions, but it would be nice if they told us when they are uploading them. :)  Still think you learn more your self, than  what the demonstrator  knows.  most sign up, sell 6 machines, then quit..

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2021, 03:31:10 am »
So far I am loving the 6. My first impression was of how smooth it operates. Everything just seems to glide along. I found it easy to set up. It is also much, much quieter than both the 5 and 31. I've only made a couple of things in it so far. I really love the pre clean bit. I have been watching a Zoom session to learn more about it. I don't know if anyone remembers Nikkit who was on here with her horses and big girl pants. It is a friend of hers who runs these. On Wednesday night they used the blend function on the 6 to make a frappe. I plan to try this over the weekend. You just pop everything in and hit the blend icon.
I think it is very good for people who like to follow the recipes from Cookidoo. DD did some asparagus the other night from there. However we still added our own bits and pieces.
I will add my thoughts as I go along.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2021, 03:58:00 am »
Sounds great cookie.  Yes I remember Nikki and confess to using her term ‘put my/your big girl pants on’ from time to time LOL.  Interesting that it is quieter than earlier models, my DH could never get used to the noise mine made.  Look forward to more comments as you go along.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.