Author Topic: Alyce Alexandra's Low Carb Cookbook  (Read 24188 times)

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
Re: Alyce Alexandra's Low Carb Cookbook
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 12:16:29 pm »
I have just bought this book...and I have to say I LOVE IT!!!! Alyce Alexandra and her team really know how to put together a great cookbook. The photos are gorgeous, the recipes are to die for, and there are fantastic healthy tips on the benefits of various ingredients.

The recipes in this book, generally call for everyday ingredients, which I love. Most things are items stocked in everyone's pantry.

The set out of the book is perfect. Each recipes has a large (amazing looking) photo on one side, and the recipe ingredients and method set out in the most easy to follow way on the other side.

The photo of Grilled Eggs and Mushrooms seriously makes me want to lick the page it's printed on!!! :) If my husband wasn't sitting next to me I probably would! :)  :D

Her books not only benefit us as cooks, but her charitable work sees her donate money to disadvantages communities, such as vulnerable street children in Cambodia. What a compassionate person!

What more can I say? I just love this book! I would rate this as my second favourite Thermomix cookbook, coming second only to Quick Fix in the Thermomix! Why does this one come second? Only because it has 97 pages and QFITT has over 200!

I can't wait for the next mini series cookbook! I've heard the next one will be coming out in June, looking forward to hearing what the latest theme will be!

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Alyce Alexandra's Low Carb Cookbook
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 05:55:30 am »
I'm so sad as I love Alyce and her first book but this book does not grab me at all:( I neeeed to feed my thermo cook book addiction soon. Very soon.

Well I bought it anyway and I MUST apologise for this past post. This book is awsome have made a few things out of it already and gosh its good. I can even see myself losing a few kilos with this book. Yummmmmm love love love it!!!8)

Offline Nik2bstar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:59 am »
This book is now available as an e-book. I just bought it at the iTunes Store. I'm looking forward to taking a look at it on my iPad  ;D

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 08:40:42 am »
I got the ibook too as I'm low carbing.  I don't have sugar or honey either, so I'll have to modify some of the recipes.
It's a great book, although I would not have wanted to pay the price of the paper copy + P/H.
I like recipes on my iPad.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: Re: Alyce Alexandra's Low Carb Cookbook
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:14 pm »
I grabbed the sample on the iBookstore to check it out. Whoever picked the pages needs a clunk on the head as the sample is utterly useless. It's basically the author name, series name, book title, legal matter, dedication, acknowledgements and a buy now page.

So thank you Judy &VieveMS for listing the recipes here.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 02:31:25 am »
An index list is what we are looking for when trying to decide whether to buy a book or not so I agree with you on that one Rob.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 12:52:13 am »
I grabbed the sample on the iBookstore to check it out. Whoever picked the pages needs a clunk on the head as the sample is utterly useless. It's basically the author name, series name, book title, legal matter, dedication, acknowledgements and a buy now page.

So thank you Judy &VieveMS for listing the recipes here.

Hi Tarasis,

I am sorry you did not find the sample book helpful! Given the format we produce our iBooks in we actually do not get a choice as to the sample pages, it is simply the first 8 odd pages of the book. We have the contents of the book up on our website, along with some other images etc, if you are interested in more information on any of our books I recommend you visit http://www.alycealexandracookbooks.com/store . thanks for your interest, alyce :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 12:59:53 am »
Thanks for responding Alyce. I always download the samples first and then make my decision to buy or not based on the sample, based on teh information in the sample I gave it a miss. I'll have a look at your site instead.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »
Thanks Alyce I will check those out. Not being able to choose the sample pages is very unfortunate as it's partly how I decide to get a book or not. Iirc the sample for Quick Fix In the Thermomix was much better.

An even worse sample I recently saw was the Sweet Poison Quit Plan UK edition, which had two pages in the sample book; namely the cover and the author Bio. The normal version (US? Aus?) has many more pages.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net