Author Topic: For Goodness sake - don't ever weld your base to the machine!!!  (Read 25484 times)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
For Goodness sake - don't ever weld your base to the machine!!!
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:11:20 am »
This has happened to at least two people that I know of. What happens is the base, jug and blades are not put together properly. Make sure they are all clicked together properly. And ladies if you 'let' hubby do your washing up make sure he knows how the the blades lock everything together otherwise he'll just plop the base then the jug into the machine and then put the blades inside jug and lid on top and you'll come along throw all ya stuff in to whizz up and disaster!! (or vice versa if it is hubby's machine!)  :o You have to get a new base and grommet (the grey round thing that the blade spins in to work the machine)  :'( Apparently this is one of the reasons the new 32 point check list has come about.  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: For Goodness sake - don't ever weld your base to the machine!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:57:37 am »
This is rather terrifying.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:04:07 am »
32 point check list???  Care to elaborate?  I pretty much figured that my consultant told me everything important and haven't bothered to read the book, so hope I'm doing things properly.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:16:30 am »
Sorry Cathy - 32 point check list is something a consultant follows when dropping off TMX now. All consultants were already doing it so I'm sure you already know everything. It just covers the basic of pulling it apart, washing it, not putting butterfly above speed 4, keeping feet clean - things like that. It's just in written form now not word of mouth to make sure we don't forget anything.  ;)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:44:01 am »
Sounds like I'm probably covered with all the tips and hints flying around this forum.  Thanks!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 03:55:55 am »
That's interesting about the 32 point check list. My consultant showed me how to pull the bowl apart and very little else. Thank goodness they have retired now, and thank goodness for this forum and my adopted consultants.  :D :D :D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 04:47:38 am »
Nay have you a copy of the checklist? I haven't seen one as yet. We laugh as the first thing I did for my first delivery as type a checklist up lol. Have used it every time now just to keep myself on track but would live to see the official one!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:36 am »
Would it be useful to have the checklist on here for those of us with consultants like the one Cookie1 had?  Or is it just to make sure that everything is in the box and working.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:04:10 am »
Just went through it for the very first time today with a customer. It is everything I was already doing - Oh except putting the teatowel in on speed 2!! Never heard that one before! I'll see if it goes up - it's rather long and tedious - and you all already know it.  :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:13:15 am »
Oh - And its 34 points. :D
Introduction to your Thermomix:
Consultants Name: Date:
Phone Numbers:
1.    un-pack Unpack Thermomix box, including Varoma.
2.    set-up Set-up Thermomix, leaving strainer basket in jug.
3.    cord Pull out cord fully.
4.    scales Instruct customer on protocols for scale function (ie cord to be clear of Thermomix jug and fully extended, the three suction feet to be evenly and firmly on bench surface).
Clean feet on a regular basis. Tip Thermomix to show suction cups for cleaning.
5.    removing lid Guide taking lid off + MC (measuring cup) and have customer repeat.
6.    jug to base Remove Thermomix jug from base, re-insert and have customer repeat.
7.    cleaning (1st time) Have customer activate scales, add 500ml of water to Thermomix jug and add 200ms of vinegar.
8.    closing lid Instruct customer in how to close Thermomix lid and have customer repeat.
9.    timer training Instruct ( + ) = 1 second at a time up to 1 minute then 30 second increments; pressing ( + ) and ( - ) at the same time clears the time; ( - ) = 1 minute.
10.    set timer Have customer set timer for 5 minutes.
11.    heating / cooking Safety feature: set timer, temperature and speed. Never burn food again. Clean for 5 minutes at 80 degrees, speed 1.
12.    cook book / manual Remove protective cover from cook book and apply sticker with your contact details.
13.    table of functions Explanation and location in cook book.
14.    reverse button Demonstrate the reverse button which uses the non-sharp edge of the blade for stirring.
15.    using scales Demonstrate pausing the cooking, activate the scales and fill the MC up with water while in lid – 1st specific check of scales: 100g. Demonstrate how you return to cooking.
16.   o MC MC = measuring cup. When a recipe calls for 1MC of milk, use the MC to measure the quantity (ie 100ml).
17.   o Varoma Check Varoma. Remove all parts from wrapping and check. Activate Varoma temperature, explain, reset to 80 degrees.
18.   o removing basket Heating complete, bell ringing, stop, have customer remove lid and MC and demonstrate removing the basket with the spatula.
19.   o remove spatula Demonstrate removing the spatula from the basket.
20.   o cold water rinse Rinse the Thermomix bowl with cold water, instruct why cold water (ie a hot bowl may be problematic for some dishes)
21.   o drying with tea-towel Instruct customer how to dry with a tea-towel using reverse, speed 2 for 10 seconds.
22.   o double locking Demonstrate double locking mechanism: lid to be in correct place before you can activate the lid lock position and continue with blade function. Have customer activate turbo and interval speeds – lock the lid and activate the turbo button. This is useful for extra drying when milling or grating, etc. Repeat with interval speed. Refer to recipe with symbol on page 121.
23.   o symbols – cook book Introduce the guide to symbols in the Everyday Cook Book on page 4. The first three symbols are Interval, Reverse and Soft Speed. Turn to page 80 and demonstrate how a recipe uses these symbols and the corresponding method reference.
24.   o stay with Thermomix Instruct on the food preparations that require you to stay with the Thermomix: salads, whipping cream and kneading.
25.   o b’fly: max speed 4 Have customer insert the butterfly and instruct on the speed (ie maximum speed is 4). Customer to apply lid, MC upside down and activate.
26.   o cooking experience Custard: Use scales, timer and cooking functions. Scales weigh in 5g increments. Demonstrate using container on top for weighing light ingredients (ie corn flour). Use time for all preparations when more than 1 minute is required.
27.   o stock concentrate While custard is cooking, refer to page 17 for stock concentrate.
28.   o spatula use Remove custard from bowl, demonstrating tapping the spatula inside the bowl for release of excess food. Never tap on the top, keeping the top edge of the jug in excellent condition.
29.   o cleaning the jug Where there is residual food on the sides or the bottom of the jug after removal of the contents, add 500ml of water, set timer to 4 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 2. When completed, activate blades, speed 7 for 10-15 seconds. Bowl ready for a quick rinse, using a dish cleaning brush to assist with final cleaning. Never use anything abrasive on the Thermomix for cleaning. A good choice is Scotch Brite – Never Scratch and the Thermomix Cleaning Brush. If in their home, check their cupboard for scourers and give feedback on their suitability.
30.   o error codes Page 40 of the Instruction Manual: error 70 and 73 require a technician; all other codes can be rectified following the instructions in the manual.
31.   o removal of blades Demonstrate the correct removal of the blades. Have customer repeat. Instruct in cleaning of the blades and that you can immerse them completely in water.
32.   o storage of jug Only jug with blades fitted correctly and secured in place are to be placed in the Thermomix base for use and storage.
33.   o sign invoice Have the customer sign the invoice, leaving the original copy with them for their records.
34.   o on / off switch Instruct on the use of the on / off switch and explain that the Thermomix switches off after 15 minutes of not being used.

Date: ________________________________________________________
Name of Consultant: ______________________________________________
Name of Customer: ___________________________________________________
Completed 34 step Briefing: (insert yes or no) ____________________
Customer’s Signature: ______________________________________________

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 02:48:33 am »
Nay-Nay, I thank you most sincerely for this. As mentioned before I was told almost nothing. Just skimming through it I have found something I didn't know. (cleaning the feet of the machine). I've printed it off and will go through it very carefully.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 02:49:59 am »
Great work Nay-nay - glad I haven't welded the base - need to check - that when MrsT re-assembles it that all is good.  She has left things loose on occasions.

Great list too. - was that from your GL or Perth - great initiative.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 03:47:57 am »
Pretty sure it is from head office.
Cookie - Yes it is important to keep feet clean cause it can effect scales. It is amazing how gritty it does get under there.  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 02:53:01 am »
I agree about the grittiness and other indescribable things. I'm sure all spills migrate to under my TMX.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »
Wow, a few new helpful things on this list.  Thank you so much :-*!