Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6145477 times)

jakodai

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7890 on: March 31, 2013, 09:24:02 am »
If I was going somewhere on a holiday, I couldn't think of anything worse than staying with family. Maybe for a night or two, if I was desperate, but I would feel so awkward and uncomfortable. These people have been with you for ages, Halley - what's wrong with them! It really says a lot for how great a person you are. You're nearly there!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: March 31, 2013, 09:30:09 am »
We dont like stayig with people. We rather pay for a hotel, that way everyone has there own space. If you cnat afford your own accomodation then dont go.

We have decided that our new rules are, we dont stay with guests & guests dont stay with us.

Easy, much less stress that way.

She said she wishes they were staying longer.

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:10 am »
Hally you and your family win the endurance medal  ;D

However I am sure you mustn't judge all visitors and family like this. Such fun can be had on short visits with friends and relations. You are very scarred from this experience, and rightly so, but it will eventually pass, and they of course are no longer welcome.

In one house we lived in had a huge room with 4 beds and it seemed for a while to be permanently full of gap year students and other youngsters from all parts of the world and Commonwealth. Now DD and DS have beds all over the world to go to if and when they want to travel.

A time limit is essential and usually if on a big trip there is so much to see and do that you stay a night or two and sometimes return for anther night after going other places in between. Some of our best memories are staying in NZ with lifelong friends and catching up where we left off 25 years before. Or staying with cousins in Canada when the kids were younger, unravelling the shared family history was so interesting.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:55 am »
Counting the hours down for you Hally,  :D :D :D

Hope you have a great time with the family MF.  :)

Marie

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7894 on: March 31, 2013, 10:36:41 am »
have a great day tomorrow mf with your family
I have the best memories growing up of people staying at our house and over the last Christmas and New Year for 5 weeks my sister and her kids stayed with us we are still talking about how much fun it was I feel sorry that you didn't get that Hally
at mum's having an authentic Malaysian dinner cooked by a friend of my parents who is here on holiday can't wait it smells divine ;D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: March 31, 2013, 12:40:06 pm »
Thanks Marie and Suzanne. We have had a lovely time in Margaret river but looming forward very much to family time tomorrow.
Hope you all had a lovely Easter  :)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: March 31, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
The Easter bunny left a great trail for the kids this morning- out one door of the shack across the neighbour's and in the front door. I was given a huge Haighs egg and the kids have enough chocolate to last until next year!
We finished painting the outside of the shack today and all the years of cake decorating came in handy today as I needed a steady hand to paint the new street number on the walls in a dark colour.
We finished the day with a bonfire on the beach. So relaxing at the end of the day with the sounds of the waves lapping behind us. We cooked sweet corn in the embers and had a late dinner.
We will all sleep well tonight.
Happy Easter to everyone
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: March 31, 2013, 12:53:44 pm »
What a wonderful day to treasure ES... The kids will remember it always. I love it when my kids ( al grown up) reminisce about the fun we all had together its memories that they treasure forever.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: March 31, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »
That sounds my sort of day ES.    :)

We've been out for a walk in the snow which was lovely.  The sun was really warm but I was really glad I had my walking poles as it was very slippery underfoot.    We walked along a local reservoir which was very scenic but the thought of sitting beside it without the 27 (slight exaggeration!) layers of clothing I had on makes me shiver.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: March 31, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »
Another stunning photo Katya  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: March 31, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »
Lovely photo Katya.What a wonderful place to take a walk :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: March 31, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »
Beautiful photo, Katya. It looks a lovely spot for walking.

Marie

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7902 on: March 31, 2013, 09:52:40 pm »
Easter wishes to everyone.  Just catching up .  Family staying .  Not like Hally's.  Son and DIL weeded the veggie garden , DD cleaned out chook shed.  I cook for all lunches and Dinners.  DH looks after GC and watches Kung FU panda with them,  and backs up in garden and Chook shed.   GC love Easter Egg hunt.  DS and DH bring in  tractor loads of wood for winter.   GC pick first Apples and I bake sone for Pud. 
More work in garden today.  Love Easter.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: March 31, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »
Easter wishes to everyone.  Just catching up .  Family staying .  Not like Hally's.  Son and DIL weeded the veggie garden , DD cleaned out chook shed.  I cook for all lunches and Dinners.  DH looks after GC and watches Kung FU panda with them,  and backs up in garden and Chook shed.   GC love Easter Egg hunt.  DS and DH bring in  tractor loads of wood for winter.   GC pick first Apples and I bake sone for Pud. 
More work in garden today.  Love Easter.

Love your family!! :) :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: March 31, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »
Lovely photo Katya but it makes me shiver and brings back bad memories of being cold, wet  and far from the pub!

ES I fancy the bonfire on the beach and MF the Margaret River  sounds perfect. Some of us have had a great weekend. Not so much Judy and Hally!

Hally it is funny you called your place a resort. When we moved from Sydney to,Cairns we did actually name our house The Last Resort . It may have been a  magnet for the southerners   in winter . Some  good and some not so much.  For the first few years we did a lot of weeding. The worst guests we ever had were some of  the English  and one particular cousin  of my DH who was so odious I could barely speak to him.  Others cousins we wish would come back again and again. Makes life interesting.

Of course all forum members are always well behaved and most welcome at The Last Resort LOL!

Our front door. Looks like I will have to get a ladder and wash the frog dirt off the wall.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.