Author Topic: Herbalife - anyone tried it?  (Read 45937 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Herbalife - anyone tried it?
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:14:46 am »
I need to lose about 7kg and have tried to reduce, but I'm just not good at it! I figured I'd give Herbalife a go and it seems to be doing the job.

I'm not keen on the idea of shakes, but am willing to try. They're fine if you add fruit and oats. I love the tea, that's my saviour and the vitamins don't make me nauseous if I take them without food. That's a bonus, since Swisse and other ones do.

So, has anyone else tried HL? It's quite expensive, but I don't plan to be on it for more than two months. Once my weight is down, I have enough nutritional knowledge to maintain it, I'm sure.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Herbalife - anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:52 am »
I've never tried it, but just wanted to wish you good luck with your weight loss.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:14 am »
My old manager and her partner were right into Herballife and had been using it for around 20 years. They also sold all the products and I always had to laugh that using them as examples wouldn't make me want to try the products! I think like all things it works for some and not for others. Good luck.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:13:23 pm »
I've been watching my weight since weighing myself recently and discovering I'd put on over 20kg since getting married over 30 years ago! I'm not huge, but that weight was 67.8kg and I'm only 5 foot 3. I have a very small frame. (I weighed 48kg when I married)

I'm already down to 63.5, so something is working!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:31 pm »
Good luck Megan, haven't tried it but if it gives you the incentive to start to loose weigh it will be ok.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:39 am »
Congratulations MJ. Losing weight is not an easy thing to do.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:33 am »
No haven't tried it and wasn't too keen on shakes myself but I am currently using the Lose Baby Weight shakes, which I think are cheaper. On the website they have a nutritional analysis comparing Herbalife shakes to these. Let me know if you would like the link.

Also there a lot of reviews on the net which aren't that good in terms of their business plan. I looked them up when I had a friend encourage me to switch to Herbalife instead of Lose Baby Weight.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:32 pm »
 ;D  Since I'm 56, I don't think I would qualify for the "Lose Baby Weight" program!! I'm not worried about the business plan. I do feel their products could do with some re-vamping - ie use Psyllium instead of guar gum and real vanilla instead of artificial flavour in the shakes, but other than that, I'm happy with it.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »
It's called Lose Baby Weight as it's targeted at mums (and safe for breastfeeding) however it is a way to lose weight for everyone, even dads.

Offline Becljones

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:25 am »
It's called Lose Baby Weight as it's targeted at mums (and safe for breastfeeding) however it is a way to lose weight for everyone, even dads.
Tasty how are you finding to lose baby weight? Have you been losing? Sorry MJ for hijacking. :)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 04:26:02 am »
Yes I have lost weight and back to my prepregnancy weight before daughter no.2. I have lost weight despite not exercising or using low fat products (I don't believe in low fat but rather healthy eating with real food) and even giving in to temptations like chocolate and other not so great snacks.

Now that my youngest daughter is 12 weeks old, I will be putting in more effort to eat better and exercise so that I can return to my prepregnancy weight before no.1

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 11:16:04 am »
That's great to hear, Tasty! I'm happy with Herbalife right now, but will check out the Lose Baby Weight products too. It's good to have something to compare.

I don't believe in low fat products either.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:35 pm »
Low fat products are often full of sugar.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 12:50:32 am »
I don't believe in low fat products and won't purchase them. I find it amazing how many people think I'm crazy!!

We are actually struggling to buy yogurt at the moment that isn't baby yogurt and is full fat - with the exception of the top of the line single containers.

Offline squirrel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 02:24:48 am »
I agree with Wonder.. low fat products are abundant and ppl are heavier than ever.  Loaded with sugar & chemicals - For eg low fat yoghurt is higher in calories than a full fat one.

In regards to weight loss... It is keeping the weight off that is hard for most ppl, rather than losing it.
Try to find a lifestyle/regime that is going to keep the weight off long term.  Can anyone really live on Herbalife or 2 shakes a day etc for the rest of your life??  It's a lifestyle thing...

Good luck with your challenge.
Squirrel

There are no super foods .... only super lifestyles..... ;D