Author Topic: Men! TMX failure  (Read 4674 times)

Offline debetha

• View Profile
Men! TMX failure
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:26 am »
Feeling a bit weary today, and heading to work so asked dh to make macaroni cheese for the kids for dinner as he had a late start. He can do this on the stove np problem. Showed him e recipe for béchamel sauce. Had to also show hi. The flour even though the Tupperware had plain flour written on it, and that in fact there were 5l milk in the fridge and not none! We nearly had béchamel sauce made with vanilla protein powder.
He did manage to boil the pasta, but he assembled the dish having stirred the sauce for 10 minutes on no heat, and didn't click that the cold runnynslop wasn't quite right... Yes he had forgotten to put in the time!
Guess he needs to use the tmx a bit more and I should stop hogging it!
Thought someing was up when I put it in the oven...!
I should add he has cooked porridge etc in it before & been to a demo. Guess he grated some cheese at least!
Defrosting mushroom sauce for dinner now
Why is it often easier just to do it yourself?!
Deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Men! TMX failure
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:19:07 am »
hi Deb - do you think that they deliberately botch it up so you won't ask again?  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:34:32 am »
hi Deb - do you think that they deliberately botch it up so you won't ask again?  ;)

That thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion...
 :D
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:51:40 am »
My first husband "deliberately" melted something red with an iron which he then used on a white blouse of mine......no wonder he's an ex!!

Second (& I might say current) could only cook 1 dish when I met him & resolutely avoided food prep at all costs.  I finally chucked a fit & told him that if I could cook for myself when he was out why did he need to waste money on take away.  He's still not profficient but he knows how to follow a recipe...........might hang on to this one!!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:42:40 am »
I am gradually weaning mine onto my thermie. I say mine as I seem to be the main person using it even though he is totally convinced of it's benefits. He is fine when it comes to making smoothies, mashed potato/ sweet potato etc I can't convince him to do anything more adventurous ie total 'one-pot' meals. I do have to say though that he is far more likely these days to have a meal from the thermie than picking up the phone to order takeaway. If only my thermie could do the washing and ironing and pack away clothes, then I would truly be in heaven!!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »
If only my thermie could do the washing and ironing and pack away clothes, then I would truly be in heaven!!!

My mum and I were just talking about this very thing today!

As for DH's and the TM we are in the process of training so my DH has a handful of recipes he is confident to make in the TM for dinner so that he can do it if I need to be somewhere else :) At least he is having a go! I am such a control freak and always take over. Why would you try if someone else was cooking your dinner for you every night??? ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:44:26 am »
My DH is perfectly capable of cooking lovely meals IF/WHEN he HAS to. He adores the TMX and drives everyone mad talking about it but doesn't touch it. When we first got it he used it quite a lot, but now............. The other night it was beeping and I was in another room. As I came in I asked him to turn it off. His reply 'which button do I use?' :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 01:00:44 am »
None of my family will go near Herman. They're all terrified of him. I have no idea why...

I wouldn't let my DH near my TMX as I've seen him in action with the computer. "I just keep pressing buttons" is his response when something's gone wrong.

He cooks a mean BBQ breaky and that's where we leave the cooking.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 03:53:27 am »
They seem to have v short memories! But hoping to remind him before the baby arrives in 2 weeks.
He did redeem himself this am by offering to go to the supermarket!
Just picked up an aldi ice-cream maker for $26 so more thermomix fun to be had!
Cheers
Deb
deb

loving my tmx!