Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6132747 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4935 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »
Yes I know, its all got on top f me, silly ay, the last straw was the weather >:(

Well i got up, threw ingredients into my beloved TM for brownies, they are in the oven now, need them forvmy ricky road pizza. At least thats them done :)

Having toast now, then school, then shopping, the full into it until school pick up.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: November 29, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »
Hally what a few days. Be careful with your shoulder or you'll not only be back to square one but also having to deal with the pain on top of everything else. Hugs to you and your family. Hope the news isn't as bad with MIL as you are expecting, my Mum was diagnosed with bone cancer coming up to 12 years ago, at the time of the diagnosis and we were told at the absolute best we could hope for her to get 5 years. She has fought it all the way and while she is deteriorating we never thought she would still be around.

Amy - I'm not sure if it's the same in WA but in Vic when you get your learners permit (from 16), you get a log book and need to update everytime you drive the car. You have to log a minimum of 120 hours before you are even allowed to go for your actual licence, in most cases we've been told they automaticaly deduct 10% - 15% of the hours of what is in the log book as they figure everyone adds additional hours so in reality you need to have logged around 135 hours. Our DD only has 20hrs so far - still a long way to go.

Thans Wonder, will tell dh. The problem also she had a lump the size of a coin n her head, its cancer too & its now all over the sides of her head & forehead. Dh will know more when he visits, his sisters are a mess & we get different stories from them.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:00 pm »
Halex - please take care.  :-*
:D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: November 29, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »
I had already decided to buy a few things party pies etc, but I am going to buy most of the party food, the kids wont care anf most of them will be used to shop food anyway.

Wonder, just sent dh email about your mums news, sounds promsing. Hs sister were talking, might not even make it to xmas, they are european & very emotional, dh says one tends to over dramatise. So once he has been he will know more, short trip as he has to be back fr cps birthday on thursday.

Oh well must et dressed & start my long day.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4939 on: November 29, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »
Just  finished giving the house a good clean. Very warm here today.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: November 29, 2012, 11:59:36 pm »
working :D :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:40 am »
Dear Hally, terrible news about your MIL, hopefully once DH gets there he will be able to find out how bad it is. My heart goes out to you and your family, hoping for good news. Take care.

Good idea to buy some of the food for the party, the kids won't mind and sounds like you have enough other things to worry about,

Big hug xxx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:57 am »
Just read your post Hally :(, that's very sad news

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: November 30, 2012, 12:08:34 am »
I didn't finish my post.....

As you might remember my mum found out she has Cancer as well recently. It's a horrible feeling and you feel so helpless because there is nothing you can do to fix it. Just being there for them is a huge help.
My mum had further tests and they also found cancer in 3 other places, but the good news for her is its not aggressive and the doctors seem to think it should be very treatable to the point of making it go away all together.
  Hugs for you and your family.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: November 30, 2012, 12:12:03 am »
Amy - I'm not sure if it's the same in WA but in Vic when you get your learners permit (from 16), you get a log book and need to update everytime you drive the car. You have to log a minimum of 120 hours before you are even allowed to go for your actual licence, in most cases we've been told they automaticaly deduct 10% - 15% of the hours of what is in the log book as they figure everyone adds additional hours so in reality you need to have logged around 135 hours. Our DD only has 20hrs so far - still a long way to go.

We have different rules here Wonder. I got my L's by doing the theory test and am having lessons, and when I'm able to drive confidently I can take the test to get my logbook. Only then I can start recording hours. I only have to do a minimum of 25 hours, but I have to have the log book for at least 6 months before I can get my P's. In saying that, the rules were changed on the 12th November, but since I got my L's before that, the old rules still apply to me.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: November 30, 2012, 12:13:07 am »
I didn't finish my post.....

As you might remember my mum found out she has Cancer as well recently. It's a horrible feeling and you feel so helpless because there is nothing you can do to fix it. Just being there for them is a huge help.
My mum had further tests and they also found cancer in 3 other places, but the good news for her is its not aggressive and the doctors seem to think it should be very treatable to the point of making it go away all together.

Thats great news about the cancer being treatable Mandi. I wish it wasn't in so many places though, your poor mum :(

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: November 30, 2012, 12:14:21 am »
Leaving now for school, then I am starting my day.

Great news Dede that your mums is curable.

She has been told its terminal, she can hardly walk atm, crawls around the house & has oatches of morphine in each arm.

4-6 weeks ago she complanied that ine leg was very sore, thought it was  nerve problems, now they found it was bine cancer & is now in bith legs.

Dh will get to the bottom of it, perth-Melb is a long distance  in times like these.

Yes Katie, buying up Coles today :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:23 am »
Just read your other post Hally, sending hugs.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:23 am »
Just going to post on this thread onky atm.

Done the shopping, made the brownies, made 2 batches of cookies n cram ice cream. Have cup cakes in oven.

Having a cuppa, then tackling outisde for an hour, just to make a start.

Going to start the party with soccer, get the kids hot. Cp was given 2 goals for his birthday, opened early as i knew what theynwere & needed for party.
Have 12 water guns, 600 water bombs, & 6 catapultsfor the bombs, youncan throw or catapult.

Food, pizzas, savoury & sweet, party pies bought, chciken n rosemary drunsticks, bought, frankfurter sausages, rainbow biscuits bought, chips & lollies, cup cakes as birthday cake, have Avenger flags.

Brownies & ice cream, i think thats enough, 11 boys.

Cheese platter & bought dips for the adults! Plus arancini balls bought & dipping sauce bought
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:25:31 am by Halex »

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4949 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:06 am »
Hugs Hally
Good luck with the party tomorrow, you sound as organised as can be, 11 boys will be nice and noisy xxx