Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6132830 times)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3225 on: October 12, 2012, 09:12:46 am »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

We really need a jealous smiley face!!!! ;D

I second that need. (Even if I wouldn't touch the entree with a barge pole) The desert looks great and the rose mist was an inspired bit of fun. How to make a dish memorable!
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:40 am »
Glad you had a lovely time Karen, a beautiful meal  and a lovely photo with George. 

Marie  :)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: October 12, 2012, 09:44:23 am »
Amazing photos Karen  :)
The marshmallow snails look interesting!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #3228 on: October 12, 2012, 10:00:35 am »
I've, while thinking about what to cook for the weekend, realized that the Chicken in Yoghurt and Butter Chicken recipes from the Indian cookbook are virtually identical. (Likewise the steps are virtually identical, one extra step for dish with Tikka paste, and a slight wording change in one step)

13 ingredients the same (though order swapped around a little), with 3 that differ:

One uses Single cream, the other Greek Yoghurt
One uses Tikka Paste, the other doesn't
One uses 40g oil, the other 40g of Ghee (or butter) - though for intents these are the same

Very sneaky! It's not a bad thing, I just hadn't realized how close they were when thinking about what ingredients did I have here.

I now return you to your regular program.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

mcmich

« Reply #3229 on: October 12, 2012, 10:28:48 am »
Lovely Karen, Lucky you.  8)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:21 am »
Lovely photos Karen, thanks for sharing your day with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: October 12, 2012, 11:22:13 am »
Christmas has come early, my computer fried it's self on Thursday night and I now have an iPad yippee, just learning how to use it.  Pretty amazing machine.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: October 12, 2012, 11:27:25 am »
Karen, that looks fabulous - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I didn't even realise the food and wine show was on here.
I was working today, and had my phone off until lunch time. When I turned it on there werenquitena few messages as my daughter had vomited at school. Luckily DH was able to contact my parents who picked her up and took her back to their house. Unfortunately, she vomited in their car on the wy home. However, she managed to contain it in her uniform, and didn't mess up their car.( it's soaking in a bucket as we speak). She hasn't vomited since and is feeling much better - my MIL came for dinner and is cheering her up with some bedtime stories .. What would we do without parents? I'm very lucky.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:36 am »
You were lucky you had your phone turned off ES  ;)

Yes parents are quite useful at times - appreciate us whilst you can. ;D

I hope DD is feeling much better, sometimes a good 'chuckle' is all they need to get rid of what caused them to be sick in the first place.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:34 am »
Christmas has come early, my computer fried it's self on Thursday night and I now have an iPad yippee, just learning how to use it.  Pretty amazing machine.

Well that is bad news good news Brenda. Just remember though that theiPad is NOT a computer and won't do the things a computer will do.

In any case you will love it . If we can help  just ask.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: October 12, 2012, 11:38:04 am »
Hope your Dd is feeling better now. I remember when my DS aged 15 projectile vomited all over the principle. It was mainly red wine which he apparently scoffed before going to school,that day.

Thank goodness I was in the operating theatre at the time and could not even get to the phone. Te scout nurse did, however, delight  everyone but me when she announced that the school principle wanted to talk to my about my drunken son as soon as I was available.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #3236 on: October 12, 2012, 12:17:11 pm »

Well that is bad news good news Brenda. Just remember though that theiPad is NOT a computer and won't do the things a computer will do.

In any case you will love it . If we can help  just ask.

Gert

True Gert, but it is more of a computer than most people actually need. The iPad or some other tablet really does 90% of what most people actually do on their computer (browse, email and photos), the only snag (and it affects other tablets) is the lack of Flash that some websites still use.

Sad for computer, I hope you can salvage your data off of it. But yay, another iPad use in the world :) I hope you really enough it, and I can't link to the thread at the moment but there is a Good Food guide app from the BBC which could be worth grabbing if you like having more recipes :)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: October 12, 2012, 12:27:46 pm »
Just popping in quickly to many post to catch up on still in Hobart,  DH did a fantastic job with his speeches. It was a very big funeral and a very long day, thanks every one for your messages, DH mum is being very strong, but very tired today. Been drinking some very good Tasmanian  champagne, maybe one or two many:) :)
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: October 12, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »
What a fantastic day for you and DH, Karen!! Thank you so much for the awesome description (for which I nearly needed to use the dictionary  ;) ) and the wonderful photos! What an experience!!  ;D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:04 pm »
Just popping in quickly to many post to catch up on still in Hobart,  DH did a fantastic job with his speeches. It was a very big funeral and a very long day, thanks every one for your messages, DH mum is being very strong, but very tired today. Been drinking some very good Tasmanian  champagne, maybe one or two many:) :)

If it was the Jansz you can never have too much of that or any other Tassie  Bubbles.

I am glad it all went  ok. Always difficult but  it does bring family together which is nice even if the situation is a sad one. 

Gretchen