Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860284 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38310 on: January 21, 2020, 12:36:17 pm »
It sounds as if you are going to have a lovely time at Chadstone Chookie.
Thanks Julie, I was surprised to lose again last week.
Marina, I agree with cookie, what’s the colour of the paint got to do with the problem.  At least you know others have the same problem so it will definitely get fixed.
Heating in a caravan makes for a very cosy existence Denise.  It was so cold in Ballarat when we stayed there many years ago that I turned on the stove top, the oven, the radiator on the wall and we hopped into bed with the electric blanket on (very early I might add).  Then the fuse blew so I had to get dressed and go up to the office to report it.  Coldest place on earth I always said.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38311 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:07 pm »
Had a good laugh Judy at your experience in Ballarat. Yes it can be cold and I have more Winter clothes than Summer.
 Last night we visited the Cocktail lounge at the hotel.  One of the waitress has taken us under her wing and is determined to spoil us.  She waited on us at breakfast and was there again in the Cocktail lounge.  She insisted we try her favourite dishes. The lounge is on the 12 th floor of the hotel and has a fantastic view.  They serve small snack type meals.  We hadn’t eaten since breakfast so had several small dishes to share.  I had a Mocktail and the waitress asked if I minded if she practiced on me.  It was very nice. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38312 on: January 21, 2020, 07:58:03 pm »
Had a good laugh Judy at your experience in Ballarat. Yes it can be cold and I have more Winter clothes than Summer.
 Last night we visited the Cocktail lounge at the hotel.  One of the waitress has taken us under her wing and is determined to spoil us.  She waited on us at breakfast and was there again in the Cocktail lounge.  She insisted we try her favourite dishes. The lounge is on the 12 th floor of the hotel and has a fantastic view.  They serve small snack type meals.  We hadn’t eaten since breakfast so had several small dishes to share.  I had a Mocktail and the waitress asked if I minded if she practiced on me.  It was very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38313 on: January 21, 2020, 09:44:13 pm »
You are certainly getting the 'red carpet' treatment, Chookie.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:07:53 am by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38314 on: January 21, 2020, 11:19:51 pm »
Good morning everyone.
Chookie, it sounds like you are being well looked after.
Judy, on one of our trips in the caravan we woke up one morning to -9 deg.  The water in the hose was frozen so no cuppa. We had to wait for it to thaw out before we could pack up and leave. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38315 on: January 22, 2020, 12:34:57 am »
Chookie your trip sounds wonderful. I’m so glad you are being spoiled.

-9, gosh that is cold Margaret. We have been camping where the water has frozen. Not fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38316 on: January 22, 2020, 03:11:43 am »
When we first got married we lived in a caravan for a couple of years.  Never having lived in a really cold climate before, I remember vividly the first time I hung out the washing in the middle of winter - the sheets froze in one long flat piece and I had to 'steer' them into the 'van so they could thaw out!  We also lived in another 'van in Wales when DH was training to be a v.maker so, even though they were both big mobile home style, I think I have done enough time in them now.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38317 on: January 22, 2020, 05:15:39 am »
Great stories about the cold temperatures ladies.  It’s nice to recount some of life’s experiences.
Chookie I’d like to experience what you and Ral have been, you’ve certainly been spoilt a lot. Soak it up, you deserve it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38318 on: January 22, 2020, 11:16:09 am »
When we first got married we lived in a caravan for a couple of years.  Never having lived in a really cold climate before, I remember vividly the first time I hung out the washing in the middle of winter - the sheets froze in one long flat piece and I had to 'steer' them into the 'van so they could thaw out!  We also lived in another 'van in Wales when DH was training to be a v.maker so, even though they were both big mobile home style, I think I have done enough time in them now.

Here I go.i came from a snow laden area to Sydney and then Cairns. I have never understood the
obsession with putting clothes on an outside line. God did not invent  Hills Hoist.  A man did. She really invented dryers.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38319 on: January 22, 2020, 11:28:14 am »
Hello All, just popping in to say hi.  Hope you are all doing well xx
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38320 on: January 22, 2020, 08:09:15 pm »
Warmed up a bit here today. The site is particularly muddy at the moment and our shoes and boots get clagged in clay soil.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38321 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:33 pm »
I certainly don't disagree with you about dryers, Gert, but when God invented them, she forgot to do something about the electricity bills!

Hi Mich, good to hear from you.  I think I heard there were some fires up your way, hope you are all safe.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38322 on: January 23, 2020, 12:02:51 am »
Good morning everyone.  14 deg and lots of rain here.

Hi mcmich lovely to hear from you.  Hope all is well with you.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38323 on: January 23, 2020, 02:31:07 am »
Hi Mich, how have you fared in the fires? I have been thinking about you.

Gert, lovely new photo of the gorgeous you. I inherited a clothes dryer from my Mum but I have never used it.

We have had 2 beautiful cool days 25/26 with another today. 29. Tomorrow is 31 which isn't too bad but the weekend is going to be HOT. Gert is it dreadfully humid in Cairns?  Broome isn't too bad, but Port Hedland is dreadful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38324 on: January 23, 2020, 02:38:59 am »
Th e around 33/35 most days and as it is the Wet Season the humidity is high. My electricity bill is going to be high this quarter but life is short.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.