Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6121834 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2925 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:33 am »
You've certainly been busy Amy. :)

Dede looking forward to some news on this baby.  I hope all goes well. :)

I went for a 96km bike ride this morning with the regular group from town. We started off with 9 riders but on guy turned back early. We ended up splitting into two groups a fast one and a slow one. I was in the slow one. It was hard work with the warmth and the wind but it was good.  Now I have to do some gardening.

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: October 01, 2012, 06:46:28 am »
Just a relaxing day, after the events of last week.  Catching up on jobs around the house and enjoying the peace with both kids having an afternoon sleep.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:21 am »
Sounds like it was a good ride Den, except for being in the slow group :-)) I hope you didn't get sunburnt.
I don't envy you gardening in this heat either :P

Just a relaxing day, after the events of last week.  Catching up on jobs around the house and enjoying the peace with both kids having an afternoon sleep.

Sounds like a nice day keiramax :-*

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: October 01, 2012, 07:32:25 am »
Well.....got up earlier than usual (couldn't stay in bed with the sun streaming thru my curtains  ;) ) did some washing and cleaned up from having visitors in last night. Got the girls up and dressed, breakfast etc and Miss 6 to school at perfect time. My day WAS going well......too well!!  :-))  Was hanging a load of washing, came inside to find miss 20mths had taken her undies off and pooed...ALL THRU THE COT. Gross. So took a few pics and emailed them to DH with a msg that I hoped his day was not as s****y as mine!! Then popped her in the bath (which miss 3 decided to join her in, so the bathroom ended up with more water out of the bath than in...) Cleaned her and her cot up...then found pooey hand prints all over the wall.  :o . So cleaned that up... in the meantime miss20mths helped herself to a piece of bread, choked and vomited on the carpet. hmmmmmmm. Finally got all the washing done, and hear pssshhhht, glug glug glug....miss20mths again - this time with a can of coke out of the fridge, opened it and was tipping it onto the carpet.  :-\
Miss6 and miss 3 are currently having a pillow fight and miss 20mths is on time-out.......

Just so happy it is a beautiful day!!  :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:11:30 am by judydawn »
:D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: October 01, 2012, 07:43:02 am »
Oh the joys of parenthood.  ;D Astarra as they get older the you won't have the pooey messes to deal with, or the vomit and tipped out food. However the trouble the get into doesn't seem to lessen it just changes.  :-))

I hope the rest of you day gets better.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:46 am »
Dear me Astarra... I really don't know what to say :-))

Mama Fergie

« Reply #2931 on: October 01, 2012, 07:56:13 am »
One of those days Astarra :o

Poor you. Hopefully it doesn't get any worseb.

Great story to remember to tell at her  18th or 21st  Birthday  :D ;D ;D

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: October 01, 2012, 08:00:16 am »
Astarra, sorry, but so funny when it happens to someone else   ;D. Been there done that! Sounds like you have a great sense of humor, that's what saves mothers going crazy..

A very relaxed day here, have just watched three episodes of Rake, very enjoyable. Public holiday so DH is home, very nice.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:54 am »
   oh, not  good for you  :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:33 am »
I'm glad I'm a Grandma these days and not a Mum. These things don't happen to Grandma's. LOL
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:46 am »
bunnies  here I hve photos ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #2936 on: October 01, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
So glad I don't have small children.  ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: October 01, 2012, 09:36:35 am »
LOL.... :)
They drive me crazy sometimes...but somehow I still love 'em!!

I see your point, ElleG, it is always funny when it is someone else... :-))  :D

Since my last post on this thread, I have managed to dislocate my shoulder (quite common with me if I'm not careful enough, this time was just pulling sheets off with force... :-)), ) then as I was winding up the hose after watering my vege garden the end hit me in the lip and made it bleed........ :-X

Glad I can come on here and have a piece of adult understanding and conversation! So thanx all!  :D

YAY....
DH home now, nothing seems so bad anymore! :-* :) ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:42:38 am by astarra »

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: October 01, 2012, 09:41:54 am »
Well.....got up earlier than usual (couldn't stay in bed with the sun streaming thru my curtains  ;) ) did some washing and cleaned up from having visitors in last night. Got the girls up and dressed, breakfast etc and Miss 6 to school at perfect time. My day WAS going well......too well!!  :-))  Was hanging a load of washing, came inside to find miss 20mths had taken her undies off and pooed...ALL THRU THE COT. Gross. So took a few pics and emailed them to DH with a msg that I hoped his day was not as s****y as mine!! Then popped her in the bath (which miss 3 decided to join her in, so the bathroom ended up with more water out of the bath than in...) Cleaned her and her cot up...then found pooey hand prints all over the wall.  :o . So cleaned that up... in the meantime miss20mths helped herself to a piece of bread, choked and vomited on the carpet. hmmmmmmm. Finally got all the washing done, and hear pssshhhht, glug glug glug....miss20mths again - this time with a can of coke out of the fridge, opened it and was tipping it onto the carpet.  :-\
Miss6 and miss 3 are currently having a pillow fight and miss 20mths is on time-out.......

Just so happy it is a beautiful day!!  :D

Astarra, I have 3 young boys.  They are soooooo full on ! Everyone says that boys are more full on and get up to more mischief, so I'm glad to hear that girls get up to mischief too lol Sorry, I can imagine the mess you poor thing. And it's soooo frustrating that while you're busy cleaning up one mess they're making another !! Our youngest is almost 4 now so we're gradually passing that stage thank goodness !

Sometimes I think it's definately a numbers thing too.  I never planned on having 3 but boy oh boy did I know about it when number 3 was born lol.  I don't know how some people manage with 8 kids ! I'd be out of my mind !
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:11:02 am by judydawn »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: October 01, 2012, 09:46:31 am »
Think you could be right with the numbers thing Debbiebillg... I'm sure Miss 20mths is more full-on, more cheeky, more deliberately mischevious, and more energetic than the other 2 put together... :D

Just glad they all sleep all night every night...I regain my sanity in those 12+ hrs!!!!