Author Topic: Pasta with Meatballs  (Read 85068 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Re: Pasta with Meatballs
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 08:18:54 am »
Wanted something quick and easy for tea tonight, so this is cooking away now. Will report back on the verdict :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Pasta with Meatballs
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 01:48:30 am »
Well this was enjoyed by most (except DD 8 ) a nice and quick meal. Will be making again :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 02:08:04 pm »
Thanks very much for posting this recipe. It's very tasty. I made it tonight, but tweaked as follows:

Reduced water to 200ml
Added an extra teaspoon of sugar, fresh basil, a shake of bolognaise herbs and two cut up carrots.

Will definitely be making this again.
From Perth WA

Offline Stoked

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:57 pm »
Subbing so I can find this again :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 06:05:59 am »
GS loves meatballs so I thought I'd try this recipe today.  I was distracted during the first stage, had the chopped onion and garlic in the bowl with the butter and oil but forgot to saute it.  Went onto the next step before realising what I had done but it had no effect on the taste at all although I generally don't like raw onion in sauces.  I will try it with some vegies in the sauce next time but today he was hungry and I just wanted to get it done.  I did 1.5 times meatball mixture but just the 1 quantity of sauce - it was plenty for the extra balls.  7-8 serves in this house over pasta although GS wanted baked beans mixed with the sauce and pasta today and grandma's always give in to their demands, especially in relation to food  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:58 am »
That's what Grandmas are for  ;D
That's a good idea increasing meatballs but not sauce, I will have to try that next time.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 04:17:37 am »
I've been looking forward to using my TMX to make these and they didn't disappoint!

I followed the original recipe, but I forgot to add the milk at the end. About 4 minutes into steaming I added a heap of Brussels sprouts to the varoma tray. I thought they might be a fun veggie to add as they are a similar size to the meatballs and the sauce disguised the taste for those who are not fans! I added the meatballs and Brussels sprouts to the thermosaver then poured the sauce over the top.

Will most definately be making this again and again and again!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 08:22:42 am »
Jamberie do you have kids and did they eat the brussels sprouts? (or those that are not fans of them)? This is on my menu plan for this week, and I also brought brussel sprouts this week as they were cheap at aldi.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »
Hi Bubbles, yes I have a 23month old....she's a pretty good eater but not too fussed on the Brussels sprouts (it was her first taste though so I'll keep trying til I succeed  ;) )....next time I think I will puree some more veg into the tomato sauce for the extra veggie kick! Super kid friendly dinner though!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 02:49:48 am »
Made this for vegie hating, meatball loving GS today and included celery, carrot & mushrooms in the sauce.  He said it was deeelicious and Grandpa didn't think it was too bad either  ;D  I always cook my sauce on varoma temp/speed 3-4.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 05:39:58 am »
I think this is one of my favourite veggie smuggling dishes JD, great to hear that GS approved the extra veg!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:49 am »
I made this tonight in my Thermo Chef. I chopped my onion and garlic with 2 carrots, a sprig of parsley, fresh oregano and a zucchini on speed 5. I didn't have any pork mince, so I used all beef. I think my mince was too lean, so next time I'll add the pork. I also increased the mince to 750g. I couldn't fit all the meatballs in one layer in the top tray, so I put some in the bottom tray as well.

I also used speed 2 on cook( varoma) temp when steaming the meatballs. The meatballs looked cooked before the time elapsed, so next time I might reduce the cooking time, as my meatballs were on the small side. There was plenty of food, and I have some leftovers. I will make these again
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Curry Diva

• My spinach curry will put hairs on your chest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 01:30:55 am »
Yay. Gonna do this yummy sounding dish tonight. Thank you
Donna, Wife, Mother of 2, Nurse Consultant, Proverbs 31 woman in training, Geelong, Vic

Offline DeeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 06:23:41 am »
Made these a few nights ago, they were popular with the kids, and tasted even better the next day for lunch!

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »
These are a regular in our household. I use 500g beef mince and 250g pork mince and increase the rest of the meatball ingredients to suit. I also add carrot, zucchini & celery to both the meatball mixture and the sauce for added vegies for the kids. So yummy and so easy.