Author Topic: Nice surprise from Head Office  (Read 34957 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Nice surprise from Head Office
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 08:21:21 pm »
Oh gert... The gesture was nice and judy could have giventhem to local forummembers but decided to,send them on... I think you need to acknowledge a nice gesture where it is and not always see the bad...

Gert p,ease dont hit me 😄😄😄
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »
I know i am going to get lashed for this but Gert, I've got to say I agree with Frozzie. Maybe it would have been nice for monika to include a couple of envelopes for postage but that doesn't mean that it still was not generous of them as is.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
I'm one of the lucky recipients and I'm happy to reimburse Judy dawn for the postage expenses.  JD you shouldn't have to wear that cost.  You do enough around here :)
I do the best I can

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 09:38:19 pm »
Nah I won't hit ya Frozzie. ;D

I just do not understand why Monika and others who actually work for HO  do not make themselves known on the forum  and share their gifts and knowledge with the rest of us customers. They derive endless benefits  from us but seem unable to acknowledge  and say a thank you occasionally  to the members here who help encourage and actually sell the Thermothingy for them.

Why channel information  by a third  party no matter how willing  they may be .When Tenina the ThermoMixtress  or Helene  the Thermoblogger want to gift something to us they don't ask us to foot the bill to send it.

If you wanted to give me something would you drop it a neighbours door and ask her to post it? 

Ok it may be only a few bucks  but by multiply it and  a trip or more to the post office could be more than some could easily afford.

The moderators on this forum do so much for us and  and as a customer of Thermomix  I would expect HO to do better.  It is not that I see the bad  it is just that I don't see the gesture as particularly  generous or heartfelt. 

Personally, a posting  from Grace Mazur saying hi and thanking all 8000 of us here for for sharing our recipes tips and tricks would mean more to me  than a few old recipes on a calendar.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »
Gretchen, I would think the idea Monika had was for me to distribute these items amongst those in SA that I see which I could have done but it was my idea to share them with the rest of the forum members and give pleasure to those expecting it the least.  I never knock a gift horse in the mouth, if it makes people happy why not?  If it builds a bridge between us and H.O. - again, why not?  It would be nice to work together if at all possible and to me this is a great start. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 09:51:23 pm »
At least it's a step in the right direction.. I'm sure we will get there eventually..

I just think if we knock the nice things they do even if its not perfect they may not try to do better???

Ps thanks for not hitting me :D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:31 pm »
Haha judy posted while i was typing!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 09:56:13 pm »
I personally think what HO did was a nice gesture & its a startt. Monika would assume that .judy would hand them out to local people at a get together. Judy being the kind lady that she is offered them openly on the forum. As I said I am more than happy to pay p&p to Judy.

Thank you Judy :)

Xx
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »
I personally think what HO did was a nice gesture & its a startt. Monika would assume that .judy would hand them out to local people at a get together. Judy being the kind lady that she is offered them openly on the forum. As I said I am more than happy to pay p&p to Judy.

Thank you Judy :)

Xx

Was exactly my thoughts
I do the best I can

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 10:32:58 pm »
I too agree it is a nice gesture but a better  one would be to acknowledge  the forum  and thank Judy publically for all she does.

Posting a message  here is  pretty easy.

I wonder if cookie in Perth  will get the same gesture.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 10:44:41 pm »
I can see both points of view . . . Gert, I agree - butI think this just comes from HO's way of doing things . . selling an expensive machine, making a lot of money - but expecting consultants to bankroll demos, etc.  On the other hand, most things in life begin with baby steps . . and this was one big babystep - considering that I saw on the forum a while back that the forum was "verbotten" for consultants to mention . . .

I think HO just need to get their heads around the fact that joining forces with this forum, and also with very special TMX cookbook authors, etc. could only result in one huge "selling machine" - now that would be one enormous win win situation for everyone.   You can take a horse to water . . getting the animal to drink is another matter . . . ;D

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 12:47:08 am »
I've been reading this with interest and have to say though I do agree a bit with all sides here, :-* there is one point that doesn't sit too well with me... ???

... It's been mentioned that head office simply meant for JD to give the goodies away to local people in her area. ??? I can't get on board with that. If that was the case then why involve JD? HO has plenty of consultants who could benefit from having extra goodies to give away in the area. I'm sure the consultants can use these promos. As we know JD is not a consultant, so this appears to be someone's idea of connecting with and getting positive cred on the forum but maybe not a thoroughly considered plan.

This forum is after all, the biggest english-speaking Thermomix community in the world and as far as I can see, the 'official' forum doesn't even compare, so HO is certainly in a tough spot as regards navigating these waters. Without a lot of forethought, planning, ingenuity and high-priced in-house web strategists I don't think they can compete with what this forum offers.

So really... who in their right mind would give JD a bunch of goodies and expect her to share them with local TM friends? Everyone knows JD's friends are 8000 strong and located around the world! I think this was 100% meant to be mentioned on the forum. (And look at all the attention they are now getting from a few books and calendars.)

It's good to see HO being 'generous' late to the party, grasping at straws aware, but I agree with those who suggest this is a bit of a 'back door' way of going about it.

Plus, I want to thank JD for taking all the heat. HO has put her in an awkward position... I certainly hope you are being well compensated for all the politics that come with this job Judy  ;) :-*
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:15 am »
I have no complaints Helene.  I like a nice peaceful, uncluttered life without conflict and politics is not one thing I am into at all. I take things on face value, don't look for ulterior motives, do what I want to do and no more - I am me and will not change for anyone.  I was happy to openly share this bonus supply of products without realising the furore it would cause and would do so again if I had the opportunity as these gestures do make people feel good, especially if you are lucky enough to receive one of them.
I have huge problems in my everyday life and don't look for anymore problems outside it - this little exercise made me feel good and I will not feel guilty about that.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am happy some people agree with mine.  Love you all, please be kind to each other  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:59:05 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:54 am »
Hear Hear Judy

I'm a glass half full kinda person  ;D
I do the best I can

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 01:27:34 am »
Go Judy, we all love you :-*