Author Topic: Recipe app for iPad?  (Read 24980 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Recipe app for iPad?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »
Tapatalk was free when I first downloaded it on my iPhone. I did end up buying the tapatalk HD for my iPad and use it all the time. But you can still easily go on the forum via your Internet  browser. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 11:19:47 pm »
Both apps are certainly worth buying. I have an iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro, and I have Paprika on all devices. It's great because the recipes synchronize across all devices. It also has a meal planner and shopping list. So I can add the recipe I want and add the items I need to my shopping list on my laptop, and they automatically synchronize to my phone which I take with me when I do the shopping. It was expensive to buy them all, the iPad app and the iPhone app were separate to purchase from memory, but I just waited until Woolworths had a 20% off iTunes cards sale.

And tapatalk is a much nicer alternative to use on the iDevices than trying to use the web page, especially on the iPhone.

ETA: I just thought I'd mention that in the iTunes store, if you're not happy with your purchase Apple will give you a refund. When you go into your purchases, click the report a problem link and follow the prompts. I've done it a few times - once because my 2 year old son tapped on an app in the Mac App Store after I'd signed in to it, so it purchased the app straight away. The credited back the $20 odd within a couple of days.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:42:45 am by jakodai »

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:03 pm »
That's good to know, jakodai.

I can't get on with Paprika. When I paste recipes into it, they're not formated, it's just one big long line with html codes to show line breaks etc.

I'm going to try HandyCookBook that CarolineW recommended.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 09:20:33 pm »
The same happened for me when using tapatalk on my iPad. I only got it yesterday for mothers day and tried to read some of the posts on here to work out what to do. I worked out if you click on open in safari (instead of copy) and then copy from there it pastes in a formatted version. Maybe someone else maybe able to suggest another alternative as I am only new at this stuff.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
With the My Recipe Book app that I use you click on find new recipe then add the URL of the forum Thermomix (or what ever web page you want) this then takes you straight to the home page where you find the recipe your after (or brows through)
Once I find the recipe I click on custom import and high light the ingredients and add the ingredients list, the high light the directions and add the the directions list. Then your done. You can even copy the photos to add to that recipe. And edit where needed.
For me I find it nice and easy to use.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »
Thanks Twitter you have saved me so much time.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

stacelee

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »
I've started using BigOven to get recipes into a format that Paprika can understand if it is from a website that doesn't use the correct formatting.  On the BigOven "Add Recipe" page there is a link to "point-and-click import with QuickImport,"....you can then paste the recipe and identify which bits are which.  Once you have saved the recipe, you can then use whatever app you like to bring up the url and save it into the app as it has all the appropriate hrecipe tags for the app to know which bit is which.

That probably didn't make a lot of sense, but it does work.  I was concerned that it would be saving the recipes as public, but it does make them a private recipe (or at least it did for the few I've tried :) )

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 02:57:34 pm »
Just bought paprika and it can't get recipes from forum unless I toe them in. I simply cant do that, not enough hours in day?

Might try apple for a refund as it was whole point of getting it.

Am disappointed.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »
Now on phone in queue to apple to ask for refund...... And about my charger which does not work.

First they are sending me new cable to charge iPad.
Second they sent email with details as to how to contact iTunes support.

I had to use something called express highway.

See what happens and back to drawing board.

Re tapatalk is it the forum one or HD one as there is a £1 difference in price.
I have to say I am somewhat nervous of buying another app after today's failure.

Now Waiting for DH to return from dentist then we r going out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:18:39 pm by Droverjess »

jakodai

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 11:07:07 pm »
I haven't figured out how to get recipes from websites on the iPhone or iPad yet, I do it on the computer and let it synchronize across. I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't had the time to do it.

Don't let 1 bad experience put you off. There are so many different apps developed by different people.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:18 am »
Thanks jakodai.
I have been refunded.

I think shall have to be old fashioned and keep wee notebook (alphabetical) with notes on how to find each recipe in forum.

Sunny morning here.
Someone coming to supper to off to peruse the forum and make a shopping list. Some thing which will keep hot as timing could be iffy as to who they come in to eat.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 08:25:05 am »
Does anyone know what the difference is between the tapatalk and tapatalk HD is?

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 09:04:12 am »
Not much TP. Just more features with the HD one. I have the normal one on my iPhone and the HD one on my iPad.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 09:36:03 am »
What sort of features? I just bought the ordinary one but trying to figure out whether to get the HD one.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:53 am »
I will have a look for you shortly when I go on the iPad. :)