Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7923425 times)

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #30405 on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:14 am »
Got TMX back today.  That is 1 day short of a week.  Great service.
Went to Bendigo today. 1 1/2 drive each way. It has rained most of the day. Did several jobs while there including  picking up 3 new chooks.
Friend  coming to stay tomorrow.  She is prepared to sleep on stretcher, but will be warm and well fed .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30406 on: June 07, 2016, 08:41:33 am »
That's all one needs when in your company Chookie, enjoy your visitor.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #30407 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:33 am »
Hi everyone.  Hope your all Ok after those terrible storms.  Not much rain today but more on it's way.  Winter has sure arrived!!

Glad your TM is back Chookie.  Hope the new chooks settle into their new home quickly.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30408 on: June 07, 2016, 11:41:24 am »
A glorious sunny warm day here.Another lovely walk with Chance.

Great news your TM is back Chookie.Do your three news hens have names yet?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #30409 on: June 07, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »
Morning all.
CC, glad Summer has finally arrived. The GC will no doubt name the chickens. The breed is Lohmann. Never heard of it before but similar to ISA Browns.
Judy, the friend who is coming is a great gardener and is going to prune our pathetic fruit trees. We think we have an Apricot, a Crab Apple and a couple of others that we are not sure about.
It is cold and wet here.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #30410 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:37 pm »
1 week down, 3 to go Julie. I'm sure you will get yourself completely organised in these next 2 days.  How are you enjoying your jury stint?

After a settling in day I felt quite comfortable and learnt a lot.  Especially about procedure and how we as jurors can only go on actual evidence no matter what is put to us or what we think may have happened, totally different senarios. I feel like I'll be better prepared now if I get chosen on a new case this month.

It's actually quite tiring.  The seriousness of what we are doing and the travel each day (especially the return drive when the sun is going down which is the worse time for kangaroos) makes for a long and stressful day.   A couple of the female jurors who normally work and happen to be from my town, said they found this more tiring than their normal working day/week, so it's not just me (and I don't work).  If it was held in my town there'd be no problem.  I am enjoying it and am doing my bit but I look forward to going back to my usual life after the month has ended.  :)

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #30411 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:18 pm »
Good Morning All, a beautiful morning here :) Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30412 on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:27 am »
Good morning everyone, a dark old day here at the moment - 8.20 am and I still need the lights on.

Julie, if you didn't have a car or didn't drive, how would that affect your jury duty?  You obviously couldn't catch a train or bus in your part of the country.  After a day of duty, the drive home at kangaroo time would be very stressful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #30413 on: June 08, 2016, 01:27:51 am »
Hello all, great weather here. Julie, enjoy your jury duty  ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30414 on: June 08, 2016, 06:21:21 am »
That is a lot to do for jury duty Julie. Here it is for 1 week. If you are called for a case then of course it may be longer.
Take care driving into the sun, it can be awful.

I hope everyone who has had rain and storms is ok.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #30415 on: June 08, 2016, 08:57:55 am »
Good morning everyone, a dark old day here at the moment - 8.20 am and I still need the lights on.

Julie, if you didn't have a car or didn't drive, how would that affect your jury duty?  You obviously couldn't catch a train or bus in your part of the country.  After a day of duty, the drive home at kangaroo time would be very stressful.

I never thought of that Judy.  Maybe that would be a good enough reason for someone to miss out? There are Stateliner buses that go from my town through there on their way to Adelaide.  Not sure of times though and can't imagine it would be at all convenient.

Yes Cookie, I drive into the sun in a morning and have the sun going down on my way home.   :P

Have spent a busy day today; chiropractor, hairdressers then went to lunch with my Aunty & Uncle who are visiting from Qld.  Haven't seen them for 19 years so was really good to see them.  We are meeting up again tomorrow night for dinner. Thankfully no Jury Duty tomorrow which I'm pleased about so I won't have to rush home to get ready.  ;D

Thanks Obbie.  :D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #30416 on: June 08, 2016, 09:51:40 am »
Julie, are you on duty in Port Augusta?  My family have had to do it from Port Pirie and I know that some of them have shared cars.  Stay safe

Good luck with the tree pruning Chookie.  Will be a good job finished and you reap the benefits later in the year.  I love crab apple blossom and the cute little fruits are gorgeous!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #30417 on: June 08, 2016, 10:21:49 am »
Yes Trudy and thankyou.  It was discussed amongst us but as someone pointed out, what if one of us (either the car owner or a passenger) needed to leave for whatever reason, it would be very awkward.  We all thought it better to drive our own cars.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30418 on: June 08, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
Probably a good decision Julie. You never know what could happen.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30419 on: June 08, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »
HI friends.
Very late logging on today.Its been warm and humid here today.

Take care driving Julie.Driving during the winter takes a lot of concentration.

I hope the pruning of the fruit trees is going well Chookie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.