Author Topic: Cornish Cream's Pasta Bolognaise  (Read 6248 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Cornish Cream's Pasta Bolognaise
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:08:26 am »
I've put a copy of Cornish Cream's recipe here to make it easier to find.

Pasta Bolognese.

75g Parmesan, grated in the TM by dropping chunks on to running blades speed 8, set aside.
1 recipe of Bolognese Sauce.
300g pasta shapes.
300g boiling water.

1.Make the Bolognese sauce.When it is boiling, stop the TM and insert the butterfly whisk.Add the pasta and boiling water.
2.Cook at Varoma temperature/ spoon speed/reverse blade action for the length of time that is specified on the pasta packet plus 1 minute.
3. Tip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad.
I collected this all in one recipe on a Thermomix workshop.

You could of course make this  vegetarian by making a Tomato based sauce instead of Bolognese sauce.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: Cornish Cream's Pasta Bolognaise
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »
I planned to do the normandy chicken last night, but discovered that 2 key ingredients I thought we had were missing, so I made this instead.  As I read through it I realised that it wasn't so much a recipe as a useful guideline.

I made a simple tomato sauce (can of chopped Italian tomatoes, slosh of red wine, oregano, basil, thyme & pepper, tbsp tomato puree and scant tsp of TMX vegetable stock concentrate, half tsp sodium bicarbonate and 1 tsp sugar, an onion and 2 cloves garlic.  Sauteed the latter in oil, added the rest and cooked at 100oc / speed 2 / 15 mins.  Then added the water and pasta for 8 mins.

I took out a serving for DD2 who can't have dairy, and then added some marscapone which I stirred through for the rest of us.

A nice, easy meal.  Thanks Cornish Cream for making me think of doing this.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:47:51 pm »
I have never tried the vegetarian option Caroline but so glad it worked for you.Why did you add bicarbonate of soda to your sauce?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:00:20 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:33 am »
another thing you can add is a dash of cream (don't know why, but its good  :D)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:50 am »
I have never tried the vegetarian option Caroline but so glad it worked for you.Why did you add bicarbonate of soda to your sauce?

The bicarb was a trick taught to me by an Italian friend.  It negates the acidity in the tomatoes I think - I can't fully remember everything that it does, but I do remember his passion that it be included - and who am I to argue with an. Italian about Italian food  ;D