Author Topic: Thermomix Butter - photos  (Read 141118 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix Butter - photos
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2009, 01:19:19 am »
The older the cream the better the butter and icy cold is the answer.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2009, 10:03:35 pm »
Okay I'm going to try making butter.  I bought 4L for $13 from a wholesaler here in Toowoomba which is great value!
Most recipes ask for butter (not unsalted butter).  So if I don't put any salt in my butter, should I add a pinch to recipes that require salted butter?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2009, 11:12:14 pm »
I would CB79
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2009, 11:27:21 pm »
Why not just take some unsalted butter you havemade and put it in the freezer then add salt and oil to the rest for ordinary use.

This works for me as I don't use a lot of unsalted butter.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2009, 12:56:23 am »
Okay I'm going to try making butter.  I bought 4L for $13 from a wholesaler here in Toowoomba which is great value!
Most recipes ask for butter (not unsalted butter).  So if I don't put any salt in my butter, should I add a pinch to recipes that require salted butter?
Oh - where was that cathy???   :o

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2009, 05:45:46 am »
Mixerino Beverages - 122a Campbell Street PH 4638 5566.  Ring and order a few days before you want it.  They are right next to the Organic Food Market, which is how I found that shop.

Mixerino don't have any signs out the front as they're wholesale - but very helpful.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2009, 09:18:34 am »
Ta  ;)

Offline Shally

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2009, 01:50:36 pm »
Dear All

How is the homemade butter for baking and cooking with? Has anyone noticed any differences and had to make any adjustments? Have you used the spreadable butter for baking/cooking?  ??? Sorry for the questions but all of your words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Having just made my 'normal' batch, I have just reread the thread, because I still have some water in the butter - I am going to try the 'jar' method and shake. I also have grapeseed oil on my shopping list to try the spreadable butter.

Thanks to all

Every good wish

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »
Mixerino Beverages - 122a Campbell Street PH 4638 5566.  Ring and order a few days before you want it.  They are right next to the Organic Food Market, which is how I found that shop.

Mixerino don't have any signs out the front as they're wholesale - but very helpful.
They've moved, but I'm not sure where too.  But the phone number should be the same.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2009, 12:06:17 am »
Having just made my 'normal' batch, I have just reread the thread, because I still have some water in the butter - I am going to try the 'jar' method and shake. I also have grapeseed oil on my shopping list to try the spreadable butter.
Hi Shally - not sure why you would choose to shake in a jar over the thermomix??? :o I used to do that and it takes 10 times longer. And you still need to squeeze all the water out. You need to make sure you wash with cold water so butter stays hard as it is easier to squeeze out the water.The butter is exactly the same as butter you buy when it comes to baking - you use it just the same. But I found with baking you need such alot it isn't worth it. Even having a cow and having daily cream I didn't have enough to do all the baking and still have some for the fridge. :-\ So I buy butter for baking. No nasty additives just plain butter.  You can still add your oil to this to make it spreadable. Just whizz it together in the TMX  ;)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2009, 11:43:04 pm »
The only reason I make all my butter is I use a lot of buttermilk so it is therefore cost effective for me. The key is to make sure your washing water is COLD like Nay said, I use a jug of cold water from the fridge with a lot of ice in it.

For your baking if you are making cakes, Brazens tip with the apple sauce that is on this forum is perfect. Reduces the amount of sugar and butter in your recipe. I use it all the time. Make up loads of apple sauce and freeze it.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:37 am »
The apple sauce is a very good tip.  Thanks girls!!!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2009, 05:44:28 am »
For your baking if you are making cakes, Brazens tip with the apple sauce that is on this forum is perfect. Reduces the amount of sugar and butter in your recipe. I use it all the time. Make up loads of apple sauce and freeze it.

faffa where was this tip, I have been scouring the forum?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2009, 07:12:44 am »

faffa where was this tip, I have been scouring the forum?
Here it is.....
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1241.0

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2009, 07:49:56 am »
Thanks CB -- now YOU are quick  ;D ;D ;D I'll have to give this a shot.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand