Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522282 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9075 on: June 20, 2013, 01:59:29 pm »
I have 4 bikes CC. One road bike, two mountain bikes (one is old, it was given to me) and now the time trial bike for triathlons. If I buy another one now it will be as a replacement, I don't need any more. My DD's boyfriend has 7 bikes.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: June 20, 2013, 04:05:54 pm »
I have 4 bikes CC. One road bike, two mountain bikes (one is old, it was given to me) and now the time trial bike for triathlons. If I buy another one now it will be as a replacement, I don't need any more. My DD's boyfriend has 7 bikes.
I understand now,different bikes for different surfaces. ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: June 21, 2013, 01:10:45 am »
Love those clothes Maddy, your DD will look lovely.  ;D

My Kribbitt & Scrubbies arrived yesterday, thankyou so much Helene, thrilled to bits.
Bought some glass containers half price at Harris Scarfe and a couple of tart tins yesterday also, cannot post pictures, computer very very slow, someone used up all my downloads ??? ???.

Marie

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: June 21, 2013, 01:25:34 am »
alot of farmers can't survive with the price WW or C are buying from them.

I try not to buy there, I go to IGA :)

Great bike Den
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: June 21, 2013, 01:32:03 am »
Love those clothes Maddy, your DD will look lovely.  ;D

My Kribbitt & Scrubbies arrived yesterday, thankyou so much Helene, thrilled to bits.
Bought some glass containers half price at Harris Scarfe and a couple of tart tins yesterday also, cannot post pictures, computer very very slow, someone used up all my downloads ??? ???.

Marie

Marie how do you like your Kribbitt. Did you set it up properly to tweak the wobble?  I am interested to know who likes it and who doesn't as I am so in love with mine!

I got sick and tired of Telstra slowing down my "unlimited" download that I spent several hours complaining  and they finally agreed to speed it up again and for $10 extra a month got another bucket load  of speedy gigabytes  which are , of course, "unlimited". Turns out there is really no unlimited plan at all but they just slow it all down to a full stop nearly.  False advertising I say but that is what Telstra is all about.

Will everyone who bought a Kribbitt please put your hand up and let us know if it really is as good as I think it is. LOl! ;D ;D
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: June 21, 2013, 01:37:44 am »
Mine should be here any day and I will certainly let you know.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: June 21, 2013, 01:43:16 am »
Den and ES you are right the farmers can't compete. The dairy industry here in WA is nearly non existent. I heard this morning that some farmers were selling their milk for UHT milk which will be sent to China. A couple more have gone bankrupt, one a farm that has been in the family for 4 generations. How heartbreaking.
My parents had a farm (wheat and sheep) and they made a good living. When Dad died my brother took over and saidw he couldn't make a living so the farm was sold. We all found it very sad but I am glad the family are no longer involved in farming. It is a hard, stressful life.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: June 21, 2013, 01:43:31 am »
going shopping next week end, Must make a list of what i want.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: June 21, 2013, 01:45:47 am »
I got sick and tired of Telstra slowing down my "unlimited" download that I spent several hours complaining  and they finally agreed to speed it up again and for $10 extra a month got another bucket load  of speedy gigabytes  which are , of course, "unlimited". Turns out there is really no unlimited plan at all but they just slow it all down to a full stop nearly.  False advertising I say but that is what Telstra is all about.

It does stink Gert!
.....my kids used up all our download last month, I rang and asked to pay extra for more GB.....but they said they'd give me  2 weeks free without being slowed, until the next billing cycle  :o
The stupid thing is.....the free download was sooo much quicker than what we get & pay for  ??? :-\   Can't figure them out, and TBH, can't be bothered trying anymore  :-X
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: June 21, 2013, 01:49:17 am »

It does stink Gert!
.....my kids used up all our download last month, I rang and asked to pay extra for more GB.....but they said they'd give me  2 weeks free without being slowed, until the next billing cycle  :o
The stupid thing is.....the free download was sooo much quicker than what we get & pay for  ??? :-\   Can't figure them out, and TBH, can't be bothered trying anymore  :-X

Yup the same thing happened here the first time but I kept at it the same way they keep at me. Wore them down perhaps. Kept asking for call back at unusual times and just harassed 'em.  Don't blame ya for giving up. Very time consuming?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: June 21, 2013, 01:52:07 am »
Gert, Ring Amanda Albon at Smithfield, fixes everything at Telstra

[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:55 am »
Den and ES you are right the farmers can't compete. The dairy industry here in WA is nearly non existent. I heard this morning that some farmers were selling their milk for UHT milk which will be sent to China. A couple more have gone bankrupt, one a farm that has been in the family for 4 generations. How heartbreaking.
My parents had a farm (wheat and sheep) and they made a good living. When Dad died my brother took over and saidw he couldn't make a living so the farm was sold. We all found it very sad but I am glad the family are no longer involved in farming. It is a hard, stressful life.

Terrible terrible cookie. The banning of live exports up here have sent many cattle farmers to the wall. However much it saddens me to see these animals treated so poorly  it saddens me more to see these cattle starving to death on the drought ravaged land and the meat wasted. If only our government could reach some compromise with the Indonesians  it could perhaps save heartbreak all around. I would like to see an abbitoir set up at our ports maybe supervised by people knowledgable  of Halal  killing and the carcasses then shipped. Would  that work?

Nothing will happen until the "refugee" boats stop coming though. While Indonesia keeps exporting people to us we won't be exporting meat  on the hoof to them.  We have no money to help our own while fully supporting the thousands of illegals and the industries that have sprung up to coddle them.

Just sayin'.

Gertbysea

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: June 21, 2013, 02:04:09 am »
Gert, Ring Amanda Albon at Smithfield, fixes everything at Telstra

Making a note of her name if need be again.!

Thanks .

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: June 21, 2013, 02:22:50 am »
Gert I got a kribbit after you first mentioned them weeks ago and really like it. I've got it on the mini and it makes it so much easier when reading a recipe while cooking and reading/surfing the net while on the couch. I don't take it anywhere with me though because I find it too bulky to carry around. I'm very happy with the purchase.

As far as shopping goes, i had a great win yesterday. Years ago I purchased a beautiful blue Le Crueset oval pot and absolutely loved it, unfortunately it got a chip in the enamel and Le Crueset replaced it without a problem, but the one they replaced it with didn't have the shiny enamel surface like the first one and everything stuck, burnt or discoloured the enamel. We never bothered taking it back to Myer because after asking about it they said sight unseen that there was no problem and that was how the finish was now. Over the last few years while we still use we often comment how dissapointed we are in it. When I purchased my new ramekins at the the Good food and wine show a few weeks ago, the sales person was actually the Le Crueset rep for our area and after chatting to him for quite a while mentioned about our pot, he said it didn't sound right and if it was how I described it he would replace it on the spot and he asked me to take it to our local myer. I took it to the myer store early this week, and the shop assistant again told me there was nothing wrong with it but I insisted on leaving it for the rep - yesterday afternoon the store rang me to say the rep had been in and agreed it was faulty and they have a brand new one waiting for me!!!! I couldn't help but take a look at the same one on the shelf while i was there and couldn't beleive at full price it is $591!!! I can't wait to go back and pick up a my brand new replacement now.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: June 21, 2013, 02:29:10 am »
Wonder Woman Wins!

Gert