Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523021 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8580 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:54 pm »
Fair enough Kim ;D I've been reading a few online reviews today and some people say iPhones aren't as good as they're made out to be... but I suppose I would have to have one to decide for myself ;)

it's all online Amy and my shopping came to a total of $580 :-[ and postage was only $70 hence my excitement about going to Singapore I can finally go into a real store it'll be like heaven ;D;D;D

Holy guacamole :o :o :o
I wouldn't even spend a tenth of that on a shopping trip Suzanne ;D

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: May 16, 2013, 12:47:05 pm »
Hi Amy, of the five of us in our house 4 have iPhones and one has galaxy 3, the iPhone wins hands down.  The Samsung galaxy is only three months old and has already got a dodgy microphone. Happy phone shopping!

• View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: May 16, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
Thanks GHM ;D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8583 on: May 16, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »
it's not that hard Amy ;D I did get quite a bit for my money including some lovely underwear

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: May 16, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »
Oh Amy that's terrible you smashed your phone. Good luck with the search.  Hubby and I love our iPhones but my sister loves her Samsung galaxy. I think it's a two horse race for you.  Maybe flip a coin!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: May 16, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »
I find like alot of things ppl who critisize iphones dont actually own one ... Alot like the critics of thermomix.. Most Dont actually have one.. Just sayin.. 😁😁
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: May 16, 2013, 10:19:19 pm »
Amy I think it comes down to what you are going to use it for, they can be very expensive if you are only interested in making calls and the occasional text. I have an iPhone but to be honest I don't like it as much as my old blackberry for everything except looking on the Internet. I fine it handy to be able to read the newspapers etc wherever I am but generally find I much prefer my ipad mini for that so tend to just use the iPhone if I end up having to wait somewhere and don't have the ipad on me.  The iPhone looks great and does a lot but if you aren't going to use all the functionality then it's a bit of a waste in my opinion.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: May 16, 2013, 10:32:26 pm »
Wonder is right.. Regardless you need to find what is right for you and what your needs and budget are... :)

• View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: May 16, 2013, 10:43:34 pm »
Thanks for the advice ladies :)

I only really use my phone for texting and the calculator :-)) But it is a very basic phone and doesn't have any of the apps or anything that come with iPhones or the better quality Galaxy phones. I think if I had them to use then I would use them. I'm just not sure if I would use them enough to justify the cost :-\

It's a lot to consider so maybe I will take a few more days to think it over. Thanks again everyone :-*

it's not that hard Amy ;D I did get quite a bit for my money including some lovely underwear

Nobody else can appreciate the underwear though, unless you do a Superman and wear it outside of your clothes ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: May 16, 2013, 11:40:03 pm »
Amy get the best you can afford that meets your needs. It is  the things we don't do in life that we regret, and don't experience life from the cheap seats. It is better in the long run to buy  one good quality thing  than spend  hard earned dollars on several mediocre things that  don't live up to your future expectations.  While adequate may be ok in the moment quality will win over in the end both financially and  emotionally. Think of your future needs and you may find in the next  year you may need more than just texting and a calculator.  You may find some apps more useful on a phone than a computer.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:10 pm »
Wise advice, thanks Gert. I think you're right :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: May 17, 2013, 12:21:33 am »
suzanne I'm with you on the lovely underwear and only ever (now that I can afford it) wear matching sets and good quality. Amy, it's not always about them being seen but I find I tend to feel better and even a little more confident when i've put some effort into things like that - probably a little silly but it always makes me feel better knowing I've got lovely lingerie!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: May 17, 2013, 12:42:08 am »
Amy you also need to take into into account the cost of monthly plans for i phones and the like that have internet, 3g etc etc if your past phone was very basic as they arent at all the same cost.. Im sure your aware just making sure your factering that in.. And be careful about locking yourself into a plan as you need to see what works for you.. Unless your buying outright ad planning on getting prepaid cards..

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: May 17, 2013, 12:59:22 am »
Amy if you are looking at buying a phone outright google Kogan they have different plans, I paid $299 for the year for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 6g of data per month

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: May 17, 2013, 04:31:48 am »
Must agree with the lingerie comment. If you have a good hair cut, nice clothing underneath you feel a million dollars.

If you get hit by a bus the ED staff will have nice underclothes to see as they mend you.  ;) ;) :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/