Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522539 times)

mcmich

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8310 on: April 29, 2013, 05:59:35 am »
I didn't realize anyone on here had them, I did a search and not much came up. We had a play with it last night and the suction was great, scary to see what came out of the rug.

I bought mine because of JulieO's recommendation. It is great on the staircase - no more dragging a heavy vacuum up the stairs.  :D

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: April 29, 2013, 06:15:25 am »
With two small boys I wouldn't be without my Dyson hand held.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: April 29, 2013, 07:19:38 am »
Do they lose their ability to retain charge. I had one years ago and after about 12 months you could not charge it anymore. It wasn't a Dyson. I'd love something easy for the large living area, it is all tiles.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #8313 on: April 29, 2013, 07:33:46 am »
I have only had mine since September Cookie but it charges up very well (the charge only lasts approx. 20 mins on full power). Would be brilliant for the tiles. I only have floor boards and tiles and two rugs and it is really good for the in-between vacs. It vacuums the rugs very well too.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:17 am »
I too love the dyson - have had the large 'barrel' for about 5 yrs. Everybody I know is happy with the Animal pro model.  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: April 29, 2013, 09:00:45 am »
Cookie they aren't meant to loose their ability to charge and that's one of the reason why I payed the extra and got the dyson, it's a lot of money for a handheld but we haven't had one for years because we got sick of the batteries running out in the cheaper brands/models.

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: April 29, 2013, 09:06:30 am »
I just bought the pink Dyson animal last week & I'm loving it so far. We got a great deal from the Good Guys.The carpet along the skirting boards has never looked so good :) It's good on my cream bathroom tiles too. My friend has one, so I was keeping watch for when it was on special, because I knew that hers was really good.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: April 29, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
We got the blue one from The Good Guys still on special so my timing was perfect. I'm really looking forward to having a go at upstairs which doesn't see the vacuum very much. I can't believe I can't wait to vacuum!

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:44 am »
I know, funny isn't it ;D. I feel like I'm walking around with a machine gun!!

mcmich

« Reply #8319 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:11 am »
We got the blue one from The Good Guys still on special so my timing was perfect. I'm really looking forward to having a go at upstairs which doesn't see the vacuum very much. I can't believe I can't wait to vacuum!

I love vacuuming too Wonder.  :D It's so easy  ;D

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: April 29, 2013, 11:29:46 am »
Saw some cute brownies in a coffee shop today made in individual squares, anyone seen or know of where you can buy the pans?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:48 pm »
I may have to get that cleaner if it makes you want to vacuum.  :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: April 29, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

and

and some fake flowers that look real (with all these open houses, I'm sick of buying fresh flowers each week, good quality fake ones will do the trick and be cheaper in the long run!)

and some clothes for DD and this one... hard cover on sale at QBD for $14.99!

Saw some cute brownies in a coffee shop today made in individual squares, anyone seen or know of where you can buy the pans?
I've seen them around a lot of places like WW, kmart and Target, I tried POK for you with no luck. I googled 'square muffin tin' and got a few links :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:41 pm »

Ghm they are square muffin pans or tins... Mainly on ebay or fishpond has them too.. Notsureabout cooking shops.. Noticed they are called 12 cup square muffin trays.. Im sure if youhave a look around you will find them.. After a quick search apparentlythey were muffin pans but became really popular for brownies.. So thereyou go 😁
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »
GHM I've seen them at Target in Melbourne, they were near the registers only last week and from memory were in a purple box.