Author Topic: IPad Tips and Tricks  (Read 150925 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IPad Tips and Tricks
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2012, 10:31:11 pm »
MJ, I don't have an iPhone - my granny phone is suitable for my needs.

Glad to see others get confused with wifi etc, all these technical terms leave me for dead.

Katie since I changed over to Bigpond, I can't update apps on the iPad , can't even log into iTunes and still can't receive emails on it either.  I downloaded some apps onto the computer but they won't sync (is that the word) to the iPad. I was happy just to be able to access the forum but if the computer goes down, I'd be up the creek as far as hearing from my friends by private email.  It doesn't matter what anyone tells me to do, it is all too confusing for me.  I've got correspondence back from iTunes telling me how to reset my password, did that and it still doesn't accept it so I've just given up.  I know your DH works hard and everyone wants his advice on computers etc so I haven't wanted to bother him with my problems.  I haven't been into Telstra at West Lakes for advice as I'm sure they would tell me I have to do it online and that doesn't work for me.  Rather than stress myself out when I don't need anymore problems in my life, I have chosen to just let it ride and be content with at least being able to access the forum when I'm out or in bed. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:37 pm »
yes Gert I meant the 3G.   love my iPad!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2012, 11:45:58 pm »
Gert, I'm deciding wether to put in an order online for the mini 3G or wait until Big W or the Apple store get them in. I had a play with one in the Apple store and they are awesome, mine feels so bulky now.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
JD you need to buy one of the grand kids an iPad so they become experts and can help you out  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2012, 12:44:57 am »
Katie since I changed over to Bigpond, I can't update apps on the iPad , can't even log into iTunes and still can't receive emails on it either.  I downloaded some apps onto the computer but they won't sync (is that the word) to the iPad. I was happy just to be able to access the forum but if the computer goes down, I'd be up the creek as far as hearing from my friends by private email.  It doesn't matter what anyone tells me to do, it is all too confusing for me.  I've got correspondence back from iTunes telling me how to reset my password, did that and it still doesn't accept it so I've just given up.  I know your DH works hard and everyone wants his advice on computers etc so I haven't wanted to bother him with my problems.  I haven't been into Telstra at West Lakes for advice as I'm sure they would tell me I have to do it online and that doesn't work for me.  Rather than stress myself out when I don't need anymore problems in my life, I have chosen to just let it ride and be content with at least being able to access the forum when I'm out or in bed. 

Judy I'll see what he's doing tomorrow night and if he can, I'll get him to come with me when I pop over to your place.  I'm sure he will be able to sort it out.
All he will ask for in return is a couple of biscuits, with no nuts of course!!  Or a piece of cake, or some fruitchocs, he is easily pleased  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2012, 12:49:48 am »
JD you need to buy one of the grand kids an iPad so they become experts and can help you out  ;D

My 2 yo loves the iPad and at one point even tried to swipe her books (and got annoyed when the pages didn't change!). #badmumalert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:45 am »
Thanks Katie, still got fruchocs available - can you believe I still haven't opened one of those packets for myself ;D ;D

I don't want to put DH to too much trouble, once you start trying to sort things out it can go on and on - well for me it can but I suppose anyone who knows what they are doing will not find it so difficult.  :-*

CP, the kids have iPads but are not at the stage yet to sort my problems out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2012, 01:04:10 am »
Wow those fruchocs wouldn't have lasted that long at our house! 

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2012, 01:28:02 am »
yes Gert I meant the 3G.   love my iPad!

Now it makes sense to me. LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2012, 01:31:01 am »
Judy I don't blame you. You just need someone to  reload  everything. All easy if you know how but a nightmare if you don't . Leave well enough alone untill help arrives. If it still is not fixed. I will have a go in March.

Meanwhile put your order in for the kids to buy you a new mini iPad. . Give yours to one of the grand kids  and it gets happily regifted.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2012, 01:34:07 am »
Oops I should have read the whole thread. Help is in the way and  price is right.. Two packs of fruitchocks at least!

Thank you Katiej.  Love your DH.

gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2012, 01:35:38 am »
Gert, I'm deciding wether to put in an order online for the mini 3G or wait until Big W or the Apple store get them in. I had a play with one in the Apple store and they are awesome, mine feels so bulky now.

If you order on line you will get it on the same day the apple stores get them and if lucky the day before as they work on US time.

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2012, 02:16:29 am »
Gert my udnerstanding is that only happens if you ordered early on, if you order now you won't get it until after the stores get them but you are at least guaranteed one whereas they could sell out in store.

I was on the Whirlpool forums and it looks like delivery is going to be the 29th for those who ordered early but if you purchase now it's at least a 2 week wait.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2012, 04:12:48 am »
Bummer wonder.

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2012, 04:49:45 am »
It's funny how I'm keen to get this as soon as possible and yet more than happy to wait until the 23rd for my SS and would never dream of trying to open a birthday or christmas present before the day. I guess it's the surprise element in gifts that I like.