Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6115165 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27525 on: November 26, 2023, 08:29:10 am »
That will be fun Judy. We are having a massive clean up. Trying to throw out heaps (but the bin is full now) The place isn’t/wasnt messy but just needs stuff sorted through. DH is doing outside and I’m attempting inside. When DD shifted home a couple of weeks ago we collected more furniture and bits and pieces.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27526 on: November 26, 2023, 09:48:52 am »
Do you have a Buy Nothing group in your suburb cookie?  All my culling over the last couple of years has gone to members of this group or the local op shop.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 09:53:54 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27527 on: November 27, 2023, 07:40:02 am »
Yes we do Judy. Quite a bit of stuff from DD's house went on that.
We went and picked up all the air con bits this morning. We took my ute and a trailer and still had to make 2 trips. It seems as though we may have to wait until January to get it all installed.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #27528 on: November 27, 2023, 07:55:25 am »
I’ve got a local art session this morning, it’s set up periodically for social connectivity and I love it. Sometimes I’m working and miss it, but not today. It’s freezing rain here, pouring and only two degrees.
Later I’m back on Christmas sorting and house so I can go away next weekend with everything ready for the family invasion on the 16th, the day I get back. They’ll already be here when I’m back. The cot is already up and beds made. Just more tidying for toddler safety and the tree to go up.
Have a good day everyone x

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27529 on: November 27, 2023, 06:46:41 pm »
Yes we do Judy. Quite a bit of stuff from DD's house went on that.
We went and picked up all the air con bits this morning. We took my ute and a trailer and still had to make 2 trips. It seems as though we may have to wait until January to get it all installed.
With the temperatures you have got over your way at the moment, Cookie, waiting until January for the air con installation will be challenging.

We have had ours in for just a week now and the difference is fantastic ... an expensive addition to the house, but worth it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27530 on: November 27, 2023, 07:28:39 pm »
DD had her party on the weekend and it was a great success. Lots of lovely friends and family . It was great to meet her uni friends and Prato (Italy uni cohort ) group. All her work for the night , like signs designed by her looked fabulous. There was a guest book with Polaroid cameras , they took photos and put into the book with a message . Photo boards of all her life , making sure everyone that was there was in it mostly. The cake was amazing , looked beautiful and was actually delicious, cutting a heart shaped double layer with lots of buttercream icing proved to be a tab messy but fine . We all had a heart night and not too late for us . DD and a few friends went out after . The food was great a grazing table and canapés . Little crispy samosas, and mushroom risotto balls , chicken and bow buns , vegetarian rice paper rolls , French fries , bruschetta and sliders . They are the lot . Sunday was a slow start . We had a late breakfast of croissants . The boys eventually went home . It’s becoming a special time when we are together just no other distractions. Not much to eat that day as we were all full . DD and did a day of liking at shops a little bit of shopping, Dentist for DD . Visited my DN . DD cooked pasta for dinner .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27531 on: November 27, 2023, 10:27:24 pm »
What a night!!! What a party!!  Glad it went so well K Atie.  There was certainly heaps of work, preparation and thought put into it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27532 on: November 28, 2023, 12:17:16 am »
Sounds like a great night K Atie. No-one plans a special party better than the person the party is for, today’s young ones know exactly what they want. Well done to your DD and all the work/planning she put into it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27533 on: November 28, 2023, 07:53:51 am »
It all sounds very exciting KAtie. I'm glad it went well.
DD has her birthday on the 31st of December. I never know what we should get her. I think last year was a massive Lego car to make that moves using your phone. (she loves them). The other night she commented on a Turtle pendant she saw. So I travelled over the river it and bought one for her. I know she will love it and the birthday problem is solved.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27534 on: November 29, 2023, 05:20:03 am »
KAtie, it sounds like your DD party was a success.

I had a visit to the dentist this afternoon.  All good , just needed a clean.

Over the past few days I have been cleaning some of the windows and washing curtains.  Also started going through some of the cupboards and making piles of items to go to the op shop.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 05:23:20 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27535 on: November 29, 2023, 08:16:27 am »
My brother came to visit this morning and this afternoon i did the shopping.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27536 on: November 29, 2023, 07:01:02 pm »
We had a storm go over last night. The wind was wild driving the rain. There is another coming but I don’t think it will reach us. People were walking their dags in the storm. The dogs didn’t seem to mind.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27537 on: November 30, 2023, 03:41:12 am »
Catching up on the ironing.DD has a wedding dinner this afternoon/evening. So it's home from work, shower and change and off. I have been ironing her outfit very carefully.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27538 on: December 01, 2023, 09:55:55 am »
I’ve been into the little sheds today bringing out some of the stuff I don’t need or want. Cleaned it all up, took photos and posted on the Buy Nothing group. DD & SIL we’re driving back to Melbourne so before I posted the items I sent pictures asking if SIL wanted any of them. We decided before they left that he would have the Weber Q but not the Weber kettle and from the photos I sent whilst they were travelling he only chose the circular saw and a trunk. So the best item to go on the giveaway page was the Weber with a cover, gas bottle, solid cooking plate and recipe book. 42 people put their name down in the first 2.5 hours so I asked permission from the Moderator if I could pick the winner earlier than the 24 hour simmer that they prefer. It was granted and the lady I chose over 2 hours ago was so excited that she is still messaging me and making me laugh. I can’t wait to meet her and her partner tomorrow, this group of people is amazing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27539 on: December 01, 2023, 11:56:28 am »
That sounds amazing Judy. It seems to run slightly different to ours but they are so good.