Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036294 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23715 on: March 28, 2020, 03:51:50 am »
Hi all, just popping on because I've posted a recipe that I thought you would all enjoy during self isolation. Hope you are all keeping well, and thinking of you during this time xox
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23716 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:59 am »
Hi CP, nice to hear from you it's been a long time.  Thanks for the recipe it sounds nice.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:08:34 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23717 on: March 28, 2020, 12:57:58 pm »
Thanks for the update on the UK Denise, if everyone did the right thing but we know they don’t.
Saw your recipe CP, nice and simple as Grandma’s recipes were in their day.

Yesterday my DD and I were doing face time and when the dogs ran into the room she turned the iPad so that I could see them.  Of course I said hello to them and I could then see and hear Elliot barking like crazy and racing to the side entrance where he obviously expected to see me.  Jessie was following him barking but she would have had no idea what for LOL.  I was so moved by Elliot’s reaction thinking I was there that I ordered them a big bag of dried chicken tenders, their favourite treat.  DD always tells me how excited they get when she tells them I’m coming but now I’ve seen it with my own eyes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23718 on: March 28, 2020, 09:08:00 pm »
Nice to see you again CP . Judy DH has his first back splint plaster on now 2 weeks ( on this coming Wednesday ) then 4 weeks full plaster , then 6 weeks boot ! It’s pritty intense as you said he has cabin fever already , ready to use an escape excuse any time .
DD has been working hard on her art work for studio, at the dinning room table most of the day . She goes for a walk every afternoon. DS has a new section of drip watering system for a few fruit trees he is connecting . He is also stacking a huge trailer load of wood in the boiler room , which he will sweep out and tidy up so it is safer . DS always sorts his room on holidays , heaps to do as he does not fit into much , but I said it will be a long winter so he is not being to ruthless. DD started clearing her spare bed , I think the world was on it . So good wounder how long 5ge novelty will last .
I cooked !! DH is still watching you tube , he now tells me I can hard boil eggs in the dishwasher ( heaven help me).

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23719 on: March 28, 2020, 09:58:17 pm »
CC, thanks for the update.  Stay safe.  Similar conditions here.  We are having everything delivered.  Shops very happy to do this as it helps them stay open. Still have to navigate Dr appointments . 
DD is still working and the conditions they have imposed to prevent the virus are impressive.  She is only doing emergencies and problems that would turn serious in a couple of months.
CP , nice to hear from you in other thread. Often think of you and your lovely family. Still making your Cream Puffs.
I shouldn’t admit this but I am quite enjoying being at home.  I can take my time doing things and try new recipes.  I can spend more time in the garden and am looking forward to organising my cooking books. Also looking forward to clearing out some cupboards.  ( take note Gert) .
I do miss the constant flow of visitors but am spending more time on the phone and computer.
I am quite disgusted at the people not following the rules. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23720 on: March 29, 2020, 02:11:17 am »
 K Atie, it seems everything is progressing peacefully and it is so easy to busy yourself inside. Probably hardest for DH so it’s quite understandable that he is bored.  Love how he is sharing his newfound youtube knowledge LOL.

I’m like you Chookie, I’m loving staying at home and working through the endless jobs I’ve set myself.  I spend a lot of in between time on the iPad which is a great social filler.  I don’t have to do a lot of cooking but if I did, yes I would love it as you are.  I have tried a few new Keto recipes lately but I have too many ready meals already to be adding more food to the freezer.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23721 on: March 29, 2020, 09:42:42 am »
One thing I’m finding being at home is that I can say I will vacuum tomorrow and I know no one will come, or we will go out for coffee etc. 
I did some housework this morning, vacuumed and washed the floor again❗️We have cream tiles and with 3 of us walking round all the time they seem to get extra dirty.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #23722 on: March 30, 2020, 10:50:06 am »
Hello everyone- I hope you are all managing to stay well and sane during these uncertain times. It’s good to see familiar names.  We are all well, and Trying to keep isolated as much as possible. My method of dealing with stress is, as always, to cook.
Last night, after 9 years of constant use, my Thermochef died in the middle of grinding nuts for a curry. I would like to replace my machine if possible, but am overwhelmed by the choices available now. There are 3 models of Thermomix on the market plus offerings from Kitchenaid, Tefal and Magimix. I would value the advice of members of this forum. Obviously, in these uncertain times I am hoping to limit the amount to spend.  Is the T6 worth it’s weight in gold, or should I buy a TM31 or some other machine? Thanks, Sue
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23723 on: March 30, 2020, 11:55:54 am »
Hi Sue, it’s lovely to hear from you. Sad to hear about your Thermochef.  I still have my 31 and love it and I have a 5 too.  You can’t buy the 31 anymore, sadly.
Amanda (lambsears and honey blog) has done a review I think.  Sophia’s Kitchen has also done a review.
https://sophiaskitchen.blog/thermomixtips/tm6-review-thermomix-vorwerk/

Take care and stay well. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23724 on: March 30, 2020, 12:37:09 pm »
Hi Sue, lovely to see you pop back on.  Gee your machine lasted a long time, you sure got your money’s worth out of it with all the cooking you’ve done.  I still haven’t progressed from the TM31, it’s only me now and the other machines are becoming a bit too technical for me.  Stay well.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23725 on: March 30, 2020, 08:43:29 pm »
Hi Sue. Great to hear from you. Your Thermochef lasted a long time, I bought a TM5 when it was released. It’s been good but I think the TM31 was the best model made by Vorwerk.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23726 on: March 30, 2020, 10:57:06 pm »
Hi Sue, good to see you here again.

Like the others, I am definitly a 31 lover - had it for years and, whilst other models have advantages, the 31 does me fine.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23727 on: March 30, 2020, 11:50:31 pm »
Hi Sue, great to hear you are doing fine.  I have a TMX 5.  31 still my favourite.  The scales on the 5 have broken down 3 times.  I must admit that I use it all day every day.  Make a lot of bread and it even rocked off the bench and is still working. I still think that the TMX is the best option compared to other brands.  You may be able to get a second hand 31.
Please post some recipes.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23728 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:08 am »
Hi Sue, lovely to hear from you, sorry about your Thermochef.  Like other I still have my 31 and love it it's a real work horse. DD bought herself the TMX 6 and she loves hers.

I have been spending time in the kitchen scrubbing all my benches, cleaning the fridge, sorting the pantry again and organizing my cupboards.  I must get back to those damned tomatoes again soon.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23729 on: March 31, 2020, 04:23:50 am »
DH and DD bought me an iPhone 8 for my birthday. They ordered it on Sunday so it would be here by the end of April.  It arrived today. I wanted an 8 as they have the Telstra blue tick and should be better in the country, when we travel again.
I will have to go to get the sim changed to a nano one as my present phone has something else in it.
Not really doing a lot, just pottering around doing this and that most of the time.