Author Topic: AWW Rich Glazed Meatloaf  (Read 20608 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: AWW Rich Glazed Meatloaf
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:51 am »
Thanks Kezza
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:39 am »
What a great idea Maddy.  Obbie - no worries!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 10:26:23 am »
Tried this tonight and it is lovely. Only a little bit is left. I did use a slightly different method as i don't like getting my hands dirty if i don't have too ;) I put frozen bread chunks and parsley in tmx and blitz 10 secs, speed 6, and set aside. No need to clean bowl. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot chop 5secs, speed 5. I then added all ingredients into tmx and mixed 15 secs, speed 5. Then followed rest of recipe.  Lots of glaze so kept some back and brushed on meatloaf slices and served. Thank you for a great recipe. Will make again.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:50:48 am »
Kimmyh, thankyou for sharing your take on this recipe.  That is what this forum is all about and it's great you liked it :)

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 11:56:24 am »
This is the same as the recipe I use just about. It's delicious!

Offline Yarrenbool

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 02:56:21 pm »

What is, or better still, how does one make   "sausage mince" ?

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »
Yarrenbool, sausage mince is the filling from bought sausages, or if you make your own sausages, whatever you use to make them.  I buy sausages and then open them up, discard skin and use the filling.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 02:32:52 am »
If I don't have sausage mince I just use more mince or add breadcrumbs. I don't normally like sausage mince.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 05:09:02 am »
I use pork mince instead of sausage mince, as I don't like sausage mince either.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:42 am »
The bought sausage mince seems to have a lot of fat in it. Could you make your own by just taking meat that bit further after you have minced it?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 05:02:05 am »
Last Friday my MIL & FIL had their 50th wedding anniversary and part of the celebrations was a party they held in the community centre at their retirement village.  MIL asked me to make a few items of finger food for the night.  According to the guests the highlight of the food was the mini meatballs I made (at least 6 ladies asked me how I made them and if they could have the recipe  :)).

This is a favourite recipe of ours – sometimes I make it as meatloaf and other times as meatballs.

When I make meatballs, I make double the amount of glaze so all the meatballs get a good coverage.  I guess it becomes more like a sauce than a glaze.

For the meatballs – make the meatloaf as per the recipe, but I substitute pork mince for the sausage mince and zucchini for the celery (purely for personal taste).  I also leave out the breadcrumbs, as I think the texture of the meatballs is softer without the added bread.  Roll into meatballs of whatever size you fancy.  Place them in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your meatballs.  Drain any excess fat (I find dabbing with paper towel helps with this).  Pour over the glaze and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, giving them a gentle stir around in the glaze a couple of times whilst cooking, to ensure they are all covered.

For the glaze – double the recipe ingredients with the exception of the water.  I also leave out the coffee (personal taste).  Increase the cooking time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 05:05:20 am »
Thanks Katie.  You made them in advance and froze them didn't  you?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 05:16:52 am »
Yes Judy, I made them a couple of weeks in advance and froze them in a Pyrex dish (the type of Pyrex dish that has a plastic lid).  I placed a piece of go-between freezer plastic on top of the meatballs, just to stop any freezer burn.

I defrosted them in the fridge the night before I needed them. On the night I removed the plastic lid and the freezer plastic and placed the Pyrex dish straight into the oven, along with the other items we were heating, like mini quiche, sausage rolls, pies etc.  I gave them a stir around a couple of times whilst they were reheating.  They froze and reheated without any issues.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

*suzanne*

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:59 am »
They sound lovely Katie

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:25 am »
Thanks Katie for your variation of the recipe. It sounds delicious :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.