Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206872 times)

mcmich

Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #7725 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »
Yum Uni, good thinking to get it done now before the heat sets in.

Love the cannister set up behind your dinner. I bet Frank made it. Gorgeous dovetail joinery.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:17 pm »
Maddy and Uni, both looking yum yum ;D

Some sort of risotto tonight :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:51 am »
coral trout
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: January 08, 2013, 01:07:44 am »
Oh dinner...whoops hadn't thought about it.  :-[

Something with chicken tenders...they will thaw quick enough.
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: January 08, 2013, 03:03:30 am »
Michele, you are sounding technical with the dovetail joins.

Tonight is chicken Parma  in 3 sittings.  DD is working, I have book club and DH will eat when he is hungry.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: January 08, 2013, 04:11:30 am »
Left early this morning and left a note saying i was doing dinner tonight and tomorrow. Worked lol.. So tonight doing the sundried tomato meatballs and pesto and will try and make some tikka paste later on once mum wakes up.. Have to be quiet.. She worked last night.. And tomorrow just doing pizzas..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:29 am »
Decided to make last nights leftover slow cooked beef in gravy into pies - finally going to use my family pie maker!!!  :D :D
Will mix in some grated cheese and bacon chunks and grated zucchini etc too.  :)
:D

mcmich

« Reply #7732 on: January 08, 2013, 04:44:55 am »

My Dad was a carpenter - made some gorgeous rocking horses from scratch - I will post a photo of the one he made for DS when he was 2yrs old.
Late DH was builder too. I appreciate those sort of things. Your DH is such a craftman too - that tear drop caravan is excellent. It's a dying art. My dad made everything - our beds, all our furniture.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: January 08, 2013, 04:46:52 am »
Beef stroganoff tonight.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: January 08, 2013, 05:37:46 am »
Can't get inspired to cook anything, probably the hot weather, we are going away for a couple of days in our van and DH has cooked a chicken in the pizza oven to take with us, that's so he doesn't starve when i not  feeling  like food 😎😎

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: January 08, 2013, 05:45:33 am »

My Dad was a carpenter - made some gorgeous rocking horses from scratch - I will post a photo of the one he made for DS when he was 2yrs old.
Late DH was builder too. I appreciate those sort of things. Your DH is such a craftman too - that tear drop caravan is excellent. It's a dying art. My dad made everything - our beds, all our furniture.

He sounds like my grandpa Mich ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: January 08, 2013, 06:44:17 am »
Geoff also made rocking horses for a few years Michele - no mean feat from a wheelchair and being a butcher not a carpenter.  He made 6 large & 4 small ones and it used to take him months to finish one.  It finally became too much for him and he retired from the shed. Will see if I can find some photos to take a snap of. The one with the red frame was an old one he renovated for a friend of his, it had bits missing and was in really bad condition.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:50:01 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:47 am »
Wow, JD, G's horses are lovely. We have one made by my FIL, which we of course love, but it's nothing like those beauties!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

mcmich

« Reply #7738 on: January 08, 2013, 07:11:47 am »
Geoff also made rocking horses for a few years Michele - no mean feat from a wheelchair and being a butcher not a carpenter.  He made 6 large & 4 small ones and it used to take him months to finish one.  It finally became too much for him and he retired from the shed. Will see if I can find some photos to take a snap of. The one with the red frame was an old one he renovated for a friend of his, it had bits missing and was in really bad condition.

Wow Jd, they look like my dads. Getting a bit teary. Going to find photos of dad's rocking horses.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:28 am »
Judy. .. They're magnificent! What fantastic craftsmanship!! Geoff is really talented-just gorgeous! Doubt you'd find anything that comes anywhere near them in any shop!