Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206969 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3765 on: June 27, 2012, 02:21:44 pm »
Amy I haven't done grapes like that either but they were lovely.  They were cooked in the pan with the chicken and white wine, stock etc but they kept their shape as you can see.  When eating, they were warm and gave a burst of sweetness, really good.  :D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: June 27, 2012, 02:25:15 pm »
Lovely dinners Julie, Mandi and Amy and that selfsaucing pudding looks so inviting EmeraldSue.

Amy - I've been wanting to try more stirfries. Did you make that in the TMX by any chance or did you use a wok? Would love the recipe.

We were meant to have the roasted butternut and apple soup for dinner but my parents came over and had it for lunch. I only got a taste as hubby took some for lunch too and it only serves 3.

So I made some African Quinoa Stew instead.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:55 am »
tonight is chicken something.... haven't decided yet.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: June 28, 2012, 12:19:57 am »
Left overs from freezer tonight & tomorrow night. Makes me happy that we are getting through them :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:27 am »
EmeraldSue, thats a great trick with pureed cauliflower ;) I've been meaning to try it for ages! :-))

Julie, you're really selling me those pan-fried grapes ;D Next time we have grapes I think I will try them like that ;)

Tasty, I did use my wok for this one because I haven't liked the way my stirfries have turned out in the TMX when I have done them in there before :P I cheated in this one and used a bottled sauce (I wanted to get it out of the pantry) but I can give you the recipe for my usual one which uses a blend of spices if you like? :D

tonight is chicken something.... haven't decided yet.

Chicken surprise.... ;) ;)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: June 28, 2012, 01:05:55 am »
Dinner tonight: Slow cooker beef chops with gravy, mashed potato, steamed  zuch+ carrot ribbons, and hot tomato wedges with sour cream and chives.
Watermelon for after. :)
:D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 28, 2012, 01:25:50 am »
Left overs from freezer tonight & tomorrow night. Makes me happy that we are getting through them :)

Hally, I clear mine out every 3 months ie. end of March, June etc that way nothing is over 3 months old in there.  Those couple of weeks make for cheap grocery shopping and I know that there isn't any old meat etc in there.  😄

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 28, 2012, 02:25:27 am »
Chicken tikka masala with rice & veggies. I think I have just enough tikka paste left, amazing how quickly we go through it.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: June 28, 2012, 02:36:45 am »
Left overs at our house tonight.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 28, 2012, 02:43:37 am »
Julieo, i remeber you said that before, but how do you cope with no cooking?
 :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: June 28, 2012, 02:57:06 am »
I still cook as it's mainly meat, chicken, seafood that I have in my freezers from when I see something on special or if I didn't get around to cooking what I intended to on any given day that week.  Occasionally there will be something like cottage pie filling that I just need to heat and add fresh mashed potatoes, or individual pies that are ready to bake, but again I need to make the accompniments to go with. 

Generally any left over meals gets portioned into containers and goes into a separate freezer that I have just for my DH's meals for work.  He can grab something out there and know it will be a good meal for work.

I remember years ago being advised that meat especially starts to deteriorate after 3 months in most domestic freezers, so have always done the 3 monthly clear out to avoid this.  :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3776 on: June 28, 2012, 03:10:07 am »
Try this one I use it for curried sausages all the time. I have also used chicken thighs instead of sausages. If you like a spicier curry add a Tspn of curry paste.

Ingredients
200 grams basmati rice
1 liter water
20 gram oil
1 small green apple
2 onions
1 kg sausages
1 tbsp curry powder
2 cups water mixed with 1 tbsp vege stock
1 tbsp flour

Method
Place rice into basket and rinse. Add water to TM bowl and insert basket.
Place sausages in varoma tray and place on top of TMX. Cook for 25 mins/Varoma/speed 4.
Remove rice and keep warm. Set aside sausages to cool slightly.
Drain water from TMX and add apple and onion to bowl - chop for 5 secs/speed 5.
Add oil & curry powder to the bowl. Sauté for 3 mins/Varoma/speed soft.
Add stock and flour and cook 5 minutes 100° Speed 1.
Remove skins from sausages and slice.
Add sausages to the curry mix and cook for 5 min 100° reverse speed 1 to coat sausages.
Serve with rice.

Just an update DG on the curried chicken, it really was very yummy and enjoyed by all. Have printed it out and modified it for chicken curry ready for next time.
So thanks again DG :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 28, 2012, 11:42:51 am »
I made up this recipe for Borlotti Bean and Vegetable Bolognese. It was delicious! I'll be posting the recipe soon because I would love for others to try it too :D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »
Amy - the bolognese is not one for me as I am not a fan of beans however I am slowly increasing the variety of beans I'm eating.

We had tuna pasta for dinner. Just a simple meal.

Halex - I would love it if I didn't have to cook. It's not something I particularly enjoy but a TMX does make it easier for some meals.

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 28, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »
Made oatey burgers with chilli lime dressing from the taste of vegetarian cookbook (have reviewed)

Followed by banana splits......yummm
I didnt have any chocolate sauce so I used nutella instead...oh my stars it was darn good!!

Rara x