Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5167473 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #16875 on: June 28, 2017, 01:51:50 pm »
DH roasted a chicken in the Weber Q. I did roast Vegies in the AF  and a cauliflower and broccoli cheese.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: June 29, 2017, 12:36:21 am »
Last night i made a beef and rice casserole in the slow cooker
tonight a roast chicken dinner - or maybe pork roast .... for some strange reason i ave both thawed for tonight  ???

Did you cook both Astarra?  ;D

;D ;D ;D No, did a vote and pork won out ...so had that with crackling, chunky apple sauce, roast veggie medly, gravy and garlic pizza

Tonight - lamb shanks in a tomatoey marinade with carrots (slowcooker) ,twice roasted potato skins, zucchinni roulade and steamed beans
:D

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: June 29, 2017, 12:40:02 am »
Last night we had steamed butterfly lamb roast , with potatoes and beans and zucchini. All in the Thermomix . Garvey too ! Devoured by everyone very quickly , I did laugh and say that was appreciated . A long slow cook for a melt in the mouth meat . Never thought for years that the thermo could make meat so tender but this and butterfly pork are the two stand out meals by far .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16878 on: June 29, 2017, 03:57:05 am »
It sounds good K Atie. What temperature and time did you use please?

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #16879 on: June 29, 2017, 01:47:31 pm »
Roast lamb all in one meal -recipe community . Cook For 80 minutes , garlic ,tomato paste ,stock , balsamic vinaigrette and rosemary on top . Then add potatoes and veg a splash of lea n perrins cook for 15 minutes . Then add cornflower to the water, add beans in now  and another 5 mins . Varoma speed 4 . Just checked out the recipe on RC . Best to follow that . First you saute the onion garlic rosemary and olive oil then add 1.5 litres of water . I added Rosemary salt the first time and the gravy was more flavoursome . Hope this helps .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: June 29, 2017, 08:40:18 pm »
Warm Chilli Chicken salad from this website. I do a few things differently. Steam the potatoes in the TM. Use homemade TM Chilli Sauce instead of the Chilli Jam. And cook the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: June 29, 2017, 09:39:11 pm »
Creamy Vegetable Soup - I added a can of chickpeas at the end and whizzed them for 5 seconds to retain some texture.  Lovely, quick and easy soup on a cold winter's night.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16882 on: June 30, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
Duck fried rice. Made this for lunch yesterday. Replaced the bacon with small cooked duck cubes. Added onion, peas, red capsicum and zuchinni.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: June 30, 2017, 01:39:46 am »
The warm chicken salad looks nice Denise, must add that website to my list for browsing.  I do more browsing than cooking these days but it keeps me occupied in the evenings.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: June 30, 2017, 07:08:58 am »
Thanks K Atie. I think I will give that a try. Everyone's dinners sound lovely.
Tonight we are having a sort of quiche thing that I found in a diabetic magazine, with roasted vegies. Also the leftovers from Chookie's soup. It is cold and windy here, brewing up for a storm I think.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: June 30, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »
Lamb backstrap pan fried with red current jelly . Couscous cooked in the thermosever , with preserved lemon ,currants, bit of red pepper for colour, fresh sliced mint leaves salt and olive oil .poured boiling water over top put lid on and leafed for 6 minuets . A Cornetto to follow , local shop had no icecream ! Possibly will have to make killer vanilla icecream to keep DH happy .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: June 30, 2017, 01:59:01 pm »
DH has something in common with me Katie, I have to have ice-cream in the fridge but these days I don't bother making my own.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: July 02, 2017, 06:48:06 am »
Last night , felling tiered so simple pasta sauce made . Then I tried the Jaffa chocolate mousse from TMXs July no8 edition . Recipe on TMXs Facebook site . Topped with a strawberry and mint . Well they all loved it because it was chocolate . But I was the only one that new it was made with avocado . The thought makes me feel ill but I smiled and ate it not bad , cannot tell there is avocado,the coconut cream gives it a strange taste if anything . Food in fridge is sparse at the moment , so will have to improvise , 50 mins to the shops cannot be bothered .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:50 am »
I bought the avocados to make that K Atie, but I ate them. A while back I made Tenina's raw lime tarts and they had avocado in them. I didn't tell anyone until they were eaten.

Last night we had Mushroom, Spinach and Cheddar soup. It was very nice. I made a loaf of bread to have with it.

Tonight is home made burgers and the rolls for that are rising.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: July 02, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »
Cookie , hope you make the mousse it is nice . Nice soup , love mushrooms but DS does not and I have tried a few times too many . We had Tuna rice tonight . Easy to do just steam rice 250 -300gms and in varoma ,chopped veggies ( whatever you have in the fridge ) sometimes a few eggs in rice basket on top of rice for hard boiled egg . Largest tin of tuna in oil , Italian style , herbs , coriander and parsley . once cooked in a large bowl put cooked rice in stir through steamed vegetables, herbs ,add tuna and oil , Lemon juice S&p . Top with egg cut in half .