Author Topic: Discovered Thermomix while traveling Europe!  (Read 3345 times)

Offline LeahPghPA

• View Profile
Discovered Thermomix while traveling Europe!
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:32:36 am »
Hello,

I have been traveling Europe for the past few months helping local families in exchange for a place to sleep and food to eat. My current hosts have a Thermomix (under the Italian brand name) and there hasn't been a day in the last 2 weeks when it wasn't used, often more than once. I know that this will be at the top of my "save up for" list when I get back to the US!

I decided to sign up for this forum both to get some ideas of things to cook while I am here and to learn more about it in general. With a background in sales and sales training I may even try to be a consultant (as soon as I figure out if those exist in PA :).

I have browsed the forums a bit already and this seems like an entertaining and very helpful community. I hope to contribute my own recipes someday soon!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Discovered Thermomix while traveling Europe!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:04:41 am »
Hello Leah, welcome to the forum.  What a discovery you've made and what a great idea to join us and perhaps introduce your hosts to some of our recipes.  What a great way to see the world, good on you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:18 am »
Welcome to the forum Leah.How lovely that you are traveling the world and have to come into contact with the wonderful world of "Bimby"  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:39:21 am »
Hi Leah. How lucky you are to be in a host family that have a thermomix. What sort of foods do they use if for? 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »
Hi Leah, welcome to the forum.  You have been so lucky to be living in a household where you are able to see the uses for this great machine in action.  Enjoy your time in Italy!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 07:21:30 am »
Hello Leah, welcome to the forum
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 04:06:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum Leah of Pittsburgh. Sorry to rain on your parade, but TMX is not sold in the U.S. It is available in Canada, but they are not allowed to sell to US residents. I owned one when I was in Australia but have been living in U.S. for a year and have not been able to source one - unless I wanted to pay 50% more by buying through an unethical consultant in Canada. I very much miss having a TMX. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
From Perth WA

Offline LeahPghPA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:37 am »
Cookie1: mostly different pasta sauces made from the veggies in the garden. In addition they make a lot of dough for pizza and different types of local breads, several kinds of cake, couscous with minced veggies, and we are going to make ice cream soon :)

I am so sad this isn't available in the US. I wonder why that is, I will have to go on a Google mission to find out.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 10:16:52 pm »
Hi Leah  and welcome to the forum.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url