Author Topic: Apple app and iBook question  (Read 6610 times)

Offline natalia

• View Profile
Apple app and iBook question
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:45:44 am »
H everyone, I bought Tenina's spin a dinner app and I am able to access it on my iPhone, I also bought my way of cooking app ( called thermomix hd) and I have to pay for it again on my iPhone.  I also bought quick fix in the thermomix from iBooks and once again I have to pay for it again if I want it on my iPhone.  Am I doing something wrong? I thought that if you bought an app or book from apple you were able to access it from any apple device that you own......?
Thanks for your thoughts, Natalia

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple app and iBook question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 02:34:40 am »
I'm not at all app literate but I am sure you can. Do they both have the same apple ID?

If no one on here can help pop into an apple store and ask, or even something like JB HiFi. Just pretend it is all too hard. I have found the people in the apple store very helpful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 03:50:36 am »
I agree with cookie.  But while some apps are made for both  the iPad and iPads some are only for one or the other. Maybe go to iTunes and see which is applicable before downloading. This is particularly true when downloading ebooks . An eBook is not an app so may not sync on all devices.  Have you tried synching through your computer?

I have to think about this one. Or just google it  by asking the question and there will be several hundred experts wanting to enlighten you!

Are you having fun with your Thermothingy?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 05:54:43 am »
Thanks ladies, yes perhaps just asking this question on google might work, I will give it a go otherwise I will just have to go to the store.  Yes definitely having fun with the tmx. I think I have almost worn it out today.
Natalia

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 06:02:02 am »
I downloaded Tenina's  eBook and now don't know where I put it' can't find it anywhere.

Natalia you cannot overwork your Thermothingy.  You will be worn out before it is. LOL!

How about a chicken Sanger on Superkitchenmachine's one minute bread?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 06:23:56 am »
Looks delicious Gertbysea!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:23 am »
Love that bread!

Gert

Bonsai

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 09:06:54 am »
Hi Natalia

Once you've purchased an app you should be able to download it on to any of your i-thingys (ipad, phone etc) without having to purchase it again as long as you're using the same apple ID for downloads. On your phone if you open the app store icon, then 'updates' you should have a tab that says 'purchases' at the top of the screen- this will list all the apps you have, even if you haven't downloaded them on to the phone - if you choose to download one you've already purchased there should be no charge as long as you use the same apple ID.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:42 pm »
My mouth is watering Gert.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 11:07:58 am »
Thanks Bonsai, that's what I did when I bought my phone. Tenina's spinner dinner came up along with several other apps I bought on my ipad but the ones I mentioned didn't come up. When I did a search fr them it didn't give me the option to open them either, only to buy them....?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 02:55:50 am »
I know this is a late reply but from memory I am sure I had to repurchase the MWOC app as well. I had it on my phone when I was consulting and had to purchase it for the iPad when I got it. Sadly that was after I resigned so couldn't claim it on tax!! . I remember being VERY UNHAPPY about having to repurchase it too  :'( :'(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:00 am »
I had to sync a magazine that always appeared on my big iPad and that i wanted on my mini.

On the device you want to download it to:
Go to App Store
Purchases
And next to the the app you want, click on the Cloud icon (your app should then download)

Hope this helps?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline ElectronGuru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 04:02:54 pm »
Newsstand is a dedicated app for reading magazines and other periodicals, purchased via Newsstand and iTunes.  Magazines purchased on one device, can be downloaded to other devices (of the same or other sizes), when attached to the same account.  Just find the restore purchases button inside a given magazine.

iBooks is a dedicated app for reading books purchased via iBooks and iTunes.  Books purchased on one device, can be downloaded to other devices (of the same or other sizes), when attached to the same account.  Just see the purchase tab.  This can be automated under settings > iTunes preferences.

Dedicated apps are trickier and depend heavily on how they were written and released.  This is up to the individual developer and not apple.  Apps with both phone and pad code are purchased once and work for both.  Phone apps can be downloaded onto pads (with phone resolution) from the same account.  Pad only apps cannot be downloaded to phones.  Any easy way to see all versions at once is to scroll down to 'developer apps' on the first screen of one of the apps, in the App Store app.

When a developer releases separate versions, they must be purchased separately, even if they have the same content (say recipes).  When searching in the App Store from a pad, note whether the first tab is set to 'iphone only' or 'iPad only'.  This will determine which group you see.  Apps without a price are already owned by your account and can be downloaded freely.  Apps with a price that you 'should' already own, indicate another version format.