Author Topic: HELP!! Dishwasher pipe blocked  (Read 5155 times)

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
HELP!! Dishwasher pipe blocked
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:26:07 pm »
Hi. Does anyone know how to unblock a dishwasher pipe? It's blocked from Xmas day and is half way through a cycle and won't drain. I've taken all dishes out and washed them by hand, cleaned all parts including filter, checked the drain hose isn't kinked and have tried getting the water out myself. It won't reset and I try turning it on and you can hear it trying to empty but just won't. I don't know what to do. I thought maybe bi carb or something to eat away the blockage but if it doesn't work I don't want whatever I put in there to corrode the pipe work. Ive tried a kettle of hot water too. Really don't want to have to call a technician :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!! Dishwasher pipe blocked
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:43 pm »
Don't know if dishwashers have a pump for emptying the water lisa but if they do and that is not working, I think you are going to have to call a technician - very expensive people to have knock at your door!  Others may have experienced the same problem though and can give some advice.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:32 pm »
Lisa I found this, don't know if it helps or not - sounds very complicated to me ???

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 01:21:00 am »
Sounds like the solenoid's gone. Happened to me too and I had to get a technician to fix it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:24:50 am »
Nice photo Megan

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:55:23 am »
Thanks for the link JD. It's not sounding good is it :( ho hum. Guess I'm washing everything by hand for now

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:44:41 am »
My dishwasher is out in the heat working on his old car/s.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:47:23 am »
When blocked a few weeks ago I poured vinegar and bicarb into the outlet area let it sit the doing its thing then poured boiling water in and it worked, just might have been lucky, dh thought we were in for a new pump.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:58 am »
When my dishwasher broke down a while back I was devastated at the thought of washing dishes by hand but then I came to the conclusion, of all the electrical applicances we have these days, this was the best one to go without.  It is not the end of the world if you have to stand at the sink and wash dishes - unlike having to go without our TMX's or computers for a while, not to mention the fridge and washing machine.  TV I can live without but DH can't.

Offline natmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:44:28 am »
When ours did this a few months back..emptied it using a cup and bucket unplugged it and undid it from where it joins on to the drain pipe and we blew as hard as we could it seemed to bubble heaps and heaps did this a few times then put everything back together and did as Jenny said bicarb and vinegar on a small cycle ( empty of course) seems fine now worth a try!
Nat

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 10:05:33 am »
Wow, lots of good ideas. Thanks guys. Good thing I'm on holidays. Might try pulling it apart tomorrow. Your right JD I could live without it but then i would wasting thermomixing time washing dishes! Know what I'd rather be doing :)