Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503600 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13455 on: February 04, 2015, 09:16:35 pm »
Thankyou, was so glad it worked out so well the first time.  ;D

I'm quite willing to be a guinea pig over the next few weeks for anyone unsure if they want one.  I can report back with how the different pastas/shapes worked out, both good and bad (if that's the case). 

I expect I'll be using it a lot at first because I want to experiment and it was so much fun the first time (I know, I need to get out more!)  ;D  Anyway the next lot I'll be doing is the spinach lasagne sheets, looking forward to that.  :D

Cornish, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they will be available in the UK.  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »
Not looking! Nope!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: February 05, 2015, 12:51:21 am »
Thankyou, was so glad it worked out so well the first time.  ;D

I'm quite willing to be a guinea pig over the next few weeks for anyone unsure if they want one.  I can report back with how the different pastas/shapes worked out, both good and bad (if that's the case). 

I expect I'll be using it a lot at first because I want to experiment and it was so much fun the first time (I know, I need to get out more!)  ;D  Anyway the next lot I'll be doing is the spinach lasagne sheets, looking forward to that.  :D

Cornish, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they will be available in the UK.  ;D

Thanks JulieO. That would be great. As I said I won't be getting mine for about a week. I couldn't stand buying one and then going camping. Rough camping this time, no caravan.  :'( :'( so much of our South West is on fire we keep having to change where we want to go. We have decided it may be best not to camp in some of our forest campsites at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: February 05, 2015, 01:24:54 am »
Cookie, it will also be sad to see all that beautiful bushland burnt out. Must be horrific to experience something like that.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: February 05, 2015, 02:46:06 am »
Cookie I hope you have a great time, we are looking at options for our next trip, trying to avoid the State parks as they now have a prebook your campsite and it costs abound $37.50 a night, what a rip off, the last one we stayed at had a drop toilet, no water, showers or garbage spot.  A caravan park would have been cheaper, will sign off now before I really get started  :-\

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: February 05, 2015, 03:10:21 am »
It is disgusting isn't it?  On top of that the toilets stink and ........

The fires are horrid indeed Katj. I really feel for the people down there. As you say the bush land is truly beautiful. The forests take your breathe away as you drive through them.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: February 05, 2015, 03:12:56 am »
Stay well away from those fires cookie, does it leave you with many options?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: February 05, 2015, 04:00:29 am »
Stay safe Cookie, sounds quite scary.

Couldn’t help but make the spinach lasagne sheets.  I was going to make a green juice anyway, so I juiced enough spinach first to use in the pasta recipe. 
Not everyone has a juicer to be able to do that, so maybe using the spinach flour recipe (I think it’s in MWOC) would be a good alternative.  If you get the right ratio of spinach to flour from that, then when you have the 500g that’s required for the machine, use 2 eggs and the appropriate amount of water to bring up to the right amount stated in the recipe.  I’m sure this would work just as well and have made a note to try this next time.  Alternatively, if you have spinach powder you could try that instead.

Again I was amazed at how well the machine worked.  The sheets come out in a cylinder shape which you cut off to your desired length and lie them flat on a clean bench/tea towel etc until all the dough has been extruded.  I then took the first photo to show what they looked like and how they can be stacked with no sticking.  I even managed to get the lengths pretty much the same, just by chance really.  As you’re not going to see them when in the lasagne anyway, it doesn’t really matter.

The sun in the second photo has made everything look really red.  I took the photo on our front verandah which was very bright, but at least you get the idea. 

I had a small piece with salad and it was really nice.  The thickness is just right.  Have put a serve away for DH’s dinner and the rest have been cut up and frozen for his work meals.  Another success.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: February 05, 2015, 04:09:59 am »
That looks great Julie. I was worried the pasta wouldn't be that silky texture without the kneading and would seem dry.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: February 05, 2015, 04:44:23 am »
I know what you mean Wonder.  It does knead, though not as much as say my KA dough hook does where you can let it knead as long as you want,  but obviously this machine does it enough for it to work.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: February 05, 2015, 05:11:29 am »
You're having a great time Julie and your experiments can only help others lucky enough to own one of these machine.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:29 am »
Thank you for making that JulieO. They look perfect.

Judy we thought we would go down towards Albany. There are a few fires around there but nothing like the ones further west. although Boddington has a bad one. They are having a better day today, although they are still out of control.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: February 05, 2015, 07:22:42 am »
Julie, those Lasagne sheets looks really impressive, not to mention the finished dish...wow

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: February 05, 2015, 07:23:41 am »
Fabulous result Julie 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: February 05, 2015, 07:32:42 am »
Not looking! Nope!

Gert
We've heard that one from you before, Gert  ;D  You know you are going to give in and get one!!

Julie, that lasagne looks great, you must be really chuffed.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.