Author Topic: I have arrived int he world of Thermomix!!  (Read 6690 times)

Offline deonie

• View Profile
I have arrived int he world of Thermomix!!
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:48:26 pm »
Hi All

I am very pleased to announce my families arrival into the world of Thermomix, with the lovely Gail from Perth dropping off my machine this morning.  I've had quite a day, Gail started us off with a beautiful custard (hubby's favorite) and once Gail had left it was a quick trip to the shop for a couple of bits.  Nothing too much for day 1.  I thought soup for dinner would be a good easy start so I made the TM stock concentrate and whipped up a bread dough and made some scrolls (cheese & Vegemite - kids loved them - more than the bakery ones). Thought they would be good for lunch tomorrow also but alas they are all gone!!

We were a little late home from an afternoon visit but that didn't matter. Pizza dough in and out resting, prep the pumpkin- really it was just chop because I'm sure everybody knows what happends to the skin!! finish pizza (Bianca style) and in the oven. Time to do dishes - but there wasn't really any, so quick job, set table ,wipe benches , beep from TM time for cream and ... serve. Happy smiles all around.

Good day? Yes but wait! There's more, why stop there?  Quick rumage through he freezer and ... raspberries.. Yes I can, I can make fruity dream, and decided that with the left over in the bowl if I added some milk a great milkshake. Yes masterful quick easy and cheaper and healthier that what would have normally happened....... Death to take out!! I love it!!!

I'm really not crazy, and I'm sure that you all understand my enthusiasm and joy. Really people you are  reading cooking stuff from somebody who really doesn't cook much more than pasta or steak and 3 veg. I don't do cake, or fancy stuff, or should that say I didn't!! 

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'm looking forward to reading , learning more and sharing my experience with you all.

Deonie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I have arrived int he world of Thermomix!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 03:13:08 pm »
Hi deonie, welcome to the forum.  I loved your first posting with your description of your first day with the TMX and it sounds as if it is going to get a real workout in the future.  You will end up making things you have never done before, why - just because you can   ;D ;D  Have fun and keep us informed of what is happening in your kitchen.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
Hi deonie and welcome.... Great first day and lové like many others that you werent big on cooking before... You Will go nuts seeing all thé things your able to produce now.... Such fun ..... Enjoy  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:32:23 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum deonie.Wow! you were busy on your first day with your TM.Great to hear that you loved every minute of cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 05:29:04 am »
 :) Hi and welcome.
You will find yourself just making things, as it is so easy, especially with kids.
My thermomix is always on the go.

what a great first day of cooking.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:12:26 am »
Hi and Welcome,
I laughed reading your post. You obviously was keen to get your hands dirty (or should I say Thermomix) on your first day. I don't think I was quiet that confident the first day. Took me a few days. So what have you been cooking today? lol
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 01:01:35 pm »
Welcome deonie. Great first day- well done. happy cooking
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Coops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
I definitely understand your enthusiasm and joy!!! Welcome

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:40 pm »
Hi deonie and welcome to the world of TMX and this forum.  You have quickly embraced the wonders of this machine,looking forward to hearing of your future experiences.  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:44:40 am »
Hi Deonie and welcome. Even after 21/2 years I'm still amazed at some of the things the TMx will do. It is such a pleasure to make something, rinse the bowl and realise that you have no other washing up.
Are you a NOR or SOR person?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 06:10:02 am »
... what's a NOR or SOR????

Whatever you are, Deonie, welcome and we all know exactly how you are feeling.  Have a great time with your TMX.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 06:38:47 am »
It means North or South of the River Cuilidh.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
Welcome Deonie - sure you'll have fun
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 12:56:50 am »
Welcome to the world of Thermomix deonie!! Wonderful reaction to your newly adopted family member - look forward to more of your posts!!  :)

Offline deonie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
Cookie I'm sor canning vale.
Sorry for no getting back to you all but between work (2 days a week) and TMXing I've had no time!.

I've now also done some dips and the vitality truffles, pasta with a tomato sauce and used the left over sauce for bolegnaise with fresh made mince, but no work for the rest of the week should manage something. I'm actually at the shops and just jumped on here for a recipe. Will let you all know what we had later.

Deonie