Author Topic: My latest triumph - Milk loaf in a pipe tin or small tin - recipes & photos  (Read 95644 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Frozzie,  thanks for that.  It is exactly what is needed.  I could place a flat tin on top.  can I order it from that site?

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
I remeasured my tin and it is the same as the  Mermaid one., that you have, Judy.  Fundj, tou will have to make 1. 1/2 times the recipe of no fuss.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Chookie, should have asked you first  :P :P :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
I am not sure what to do, drill a vision hole or wait until I find a good pudding recipe
Still haven’t worked out how I will steam it. Its a long tin I have no pots that size , I was thinking to fill a baking dish with water, a rack and resting the tin on it. Any ideas
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mmm, your baking dish would need to be a heavy bottomed one I would think fundj.  I am going to steam my little pudding sleeve in the varoma dish but of course the lid wouldn't fit with the bigger sized tin in there.  Could you make a lid from double, heavy alfoil instead - that would trap the steam in and could work.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Frozzie,  thanks for that.  It is exactly what is needed.  I could place a flat tin on top.  can I order it from that site?
Chookie I found this company, a little closer to home for you,scroll down near the bottom of the page ;D
http://www.drummers.co.nz/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4&vmcchk=1&Itemid=4
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile

yes you can but i will have to check if they send to oz...if not i can always order it and send it to you if need be...we can work something out...but ill check in the morning for me as its quite late here and ive just walked in from being out to dinner (yes we eat quite late here haha)...if i dont reply later on this evenig for you or in the day i mean then pm me... :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
no need chookie i have found the same on some aussie sites here, here and here ....happy shopping  :) :) :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Frozzie and CC,  you are both amazing.  Thank you both for finding suppliers of the triangular tin.  Looks like I could cook bread as well as set ice cream in it.  To say nothing of cakes and pate etc.   Thank you both again.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Chookie Nico moretti used one of these at the class I attended to set his Semifreddo. It looked great. He lined the tin with glad wrap.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
on the french site they say ou can use it for both cooking and cooling/setting with any kind of terrine, mousse, even dessert, icecream, cakes, buche or yule logs, bread..the list goes on..but i would definately line it being stainless steel not to mention it makes keeping the triangular form nice and sharp..glad to help and you will have to get JD to help post some photos once you recreate your recipes....look forward to seeing the final masterpieces  :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Thanks Meagan,  I have set layered ice cream in a bread tin lined with glad wrap.  Excellent for serving as you just cut a multi coloured slice for each serve.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
oh no! not another tin for my cupboard! I must resist, resist, resist...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
lol cp  :D