Author Topic: Too much vanilla yoghurt  (Read 5553 times)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
Too much vanilla yoghurt
« on: November 04, 2010, 06:49:22 am »
I have a 1 kg tub of vanilla yoghurt which has not been opened (my bub has decided he won't eat it anymore!). I'm wondering if I can freeze it in ice cubes and then use it for something (ice cream or a dessert???). Being new to thermomixing, I'm not sure what to do with it. I know something can be done with it, just don't know what! Any ideas/recipes for this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Too much vanilla yoghurt
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:54:22 am »
Freeze it for icecream. I do that with my plain yoghurts that are too liquid. Vanilla would be even nicer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:39:48 am »
yep freeze it. Also great in smoothies instead of ice
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
Yep, freeze it in cubes,  thermo with a bit of cream and fruit.   Beautiful ice cream.

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:11:02 am »
We eat loads of vanilla yogurt! I often freeze it and also freeze either strawberries or mangoes then whizz them up (in the TM together for about 10 seconds on 8) to make icecream. I actually served up "mango icecream" for brekky the other day much to everyone's surprise and delight!!

Cottchick

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:39:25 am »
you can also whizz fruit in with it and freeze into icypole moulds for the summer. I find the smaller ones are the best for the little ones (about the tupperware size or even smaller if you can find them)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:38 pm »
Thanks everyone for your replies - I will definitely freeze it in ice cube trays and make some ice cream and icy poles, as you've suggested. Hope the kids like them  ;)

PS Faffa - tried your method of making juice and DS13mths LOVED it (as did DH and myself!). Got all his fruit requirement for the day in one go  :) The older two are still proving to be more of a challenge though  :(

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 02:40:04 pm »
Try them using a straw to drink it (and only the juice) - that is what I did with my fussy one. The novelty won over lol

there are so many of us that are into "deception"  :D :D that someone generally comes up with an idea that works so hang in there  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 11:19:45 am »
You can always add yoghurt to curries - the vanilla or even fruit yoghurts will disappear into the curry flavours and nobody will know.

To stop it curdling either mix with some cornflour before adding or add some of the curry to the yoghurt before adding back to the TMX.  Then keep temp down at 80 deg or so.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.