Author Topic: Bagels - sooooo easy & delicious!  (Read 79447 times)

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
Re: Bagels - sooooo easy & delicious!
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2011, 10:27:51 am »
Made these and thought I would have to freeze some to make sure they all got eaten. Didn't even last the day. So easy and yum. Just make sure you make the holes big enough (they tend to look like more hole than dough) as they close in heaps during the rise and cooking.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2011, 09:54:57 pm »
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions everyone, I'll give them a go again (sometime in the future!) and see if I can improve on my first effort!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Peleep

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2011, 06:59:19 pm »
I made these today. So easy indeed! It was fantastically easy, and delicious.

I actually made them without the holes.... i've always been annoyed with having toppings dropping through the holes!

Soft chewy, with a bite, and they crisp up in the toaster! 6 are sitting in the freezer....and hopefully they'll freeze well!

Phil.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2011, 12:09:01 am »
I have looked at this recipe lots of times but have yet to make them. I must give them a go. Thanks for the review peleep.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2011, 12:28:30 am »
That's not a bad idea Peleep - a holeless bagel ;D

Have a go Mandi, they are really lovely - just a little bit more effort to make them that's all. They'd be gone in a flash with your mob  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2011, 12:37:39 am »
Yes I would say they would Judy. Nothing lasts long in this house. Except for the failure recipes. But even then there seems to be someone who will eat it anyway. I need to get a little more adventurous with my cooking and try some more recipes. My folder of recipes to try is bulging.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:58 am »
have only had our TMX a few short weeks so still learning! This is a fabulous recipe!  Many thanks.  I've made 5 batches of them in just this last week.  Forgot the boiling step in one batch and lost the holes but ended up with some great bread rolls to go with some great cumquat/cointreau jam brought over by some friends! (They were blown away by the speed of the TMX and went home with a batch of dough ready to boil and bake for themselves :D!) Next step for us is to try adding things like cinnamon, blueberries, dried cranberries (or I have a bag of whole fresh cranberries in the freezer - ) - and various toppings.
So quick! so easy! :)
Goldfish

Ilaeria

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:24 am »
I made these today and I don't think they'll last the day.  Husband asked if they were easy enough to make at night during the week (as I normally do our breadmaking on the weekend).  I think we have a keeper here.  I kept the full amount of sugar and added honey to the water for boiling because I like my bagels a bit sweeter.  Then I washed them with milk.  To form them, I rolled out thick snakes, gave the snake a twist and then joined the ends together and I thought they looked perfect.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2011, 06:58:33 am »
Welcome to the forum goldfish.

The bagels are amazing aren't they?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2011, 08:05:32 am »
Great photo Ilaeria - could go one right now ;)

Goldfish, welcome to the forum with your first posting.  Why not pop over here and introduce yourself formally.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2011, 11:19:48 am »
I had bagels once and i really did not like them. Maybe i should try homemade ones
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »
Made these today for the first time and they were superb. Mine came out quite nicely brown as I cooked them at 240c FF, will upload some pics later once Photostream (iCloud) cooperates and copies the pics to my Mac :)

Anyway of the 6 (two where extra large), only 1.5 remained. Will toast one for breakfast tomorrow I think :) Thank you for this easy to follow, and tasty recipe.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:13 am »
Came across a packet of sea salt, lime and chilli flakes recently - just love it, although a little more chilli would be good!  Used this as the salt ingredient - wow!  So lovely when that occasional chilli hit comes through - not intensely hot, just a warm glow - and it's a bit of surprise if you don't know it's been added during the making . . . ;)  Will look for other herb/spice mixtures to try . . .

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:03 am »
Made this twice, all with very good feedback.  The second time around made a mini size to feed the crowd, gone in no time.  Great for lunchbox too!
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:06 am »
I love bagels and yes denzelmum this is an easy recipe. Great for the freezer too.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.