Author Topic: Bread making book : Artisanal Bread in less than 5 mins a day  (Read 2937 times)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Bread making book : Artisanal Bread in less than 5 mins a day
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:19:11 pm »
Hi,

Reading some blogs last night and I came across this book.  I am quite interested in it and wondering if any one on here has had any success with it?

The basic premises is that once a week (or fortnight!) you mix up a big batch of dough and let it rise for a bit, then put it in the fridge where it will keep for up to two weeks.  When you want some bread, you just take some out of the fridge, shape it, let it rest for 20 mins and then bake.  Apparently their dough is much wetter than normal?

This definitely sounds like my type of cooking.  Has anyone got this book and if so what do you think of it?  It has over 1000 reviews on Amazon and got 4.5 stars but I would trust even one r review from here more.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Bread making book : Artisanal Bread in less than 5 mins a day
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:27:48 pm »
Hi snappy, from memory there has been a discussion on the forum about this bread and the book before. Have you done a search?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »
Here it is.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:04:05 am »
Thank you!  I did a search on artisanal bread but it only bought up a topic on tang zhomg!