Author Topic: so glad i have a thermo ....  (Read 54472 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
Re: so glad i have a thermo ....
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:26 am »

hugs and love back at you all ....xoxoxox :-* :-* :-*

You are doing well Pap, love your new waist ;D  I wouldn't buy too many new clothes, before long they won't fit you anyway.  Maybe op shopping might be the way to go until you reach your goal weight.  Keep it up, the band is obviously working for you which is not always the case as I have a friend who tried it - don't know what went wrong there  :-))

yes For sure i will be taking your advice on the op shops ..... it feels like such a waste of money buying new clothes .... only have bought a few things cause my clothes are "falling" off me ..literally  :o

there are a set of rules and guidelines that are quite clear with banding ..i read so many ;the good; the bad and the ugly stories and other peoples journeys for about 18 months before i plucked the courage to see the surgeon .... he give me a book which i have read and re-read... and it is clearly said that if you keep opting to sway from the rules you have a higher percentage of having the band fail you and increase your risk of complications. it is only a tool .... if you dont use it properly it can cause you all sorts of grief ....so i educated myself on all the possibilities of the things that can go wrong with the banding ... both self caused and medically caused..... and believe that this knowledge has helped me on my own journey. There is also a huge mental attachment for some with emotional eating and the band can not fix your psychological reasoning to food and it is really sad when you read some of the people that are failing to use the band correctly because of a food addiction. ....... of course your friend will have her own journey of why the banding is not suitable ..... some people do fall into another category where it is not their fault or the surgeons ... it is simply the body just rejects it ... and nothing can prevent or control this.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

*suzanne*

Re: Re: so glad i have a thermo ....
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:22 pm »
Sammi your photos are amazing and you look and sound so happy, well done to you xxx

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 12:45:36 pm »
There is certainly more to it than meets the eye then Pap and with your research and determination, you sound like one of the lucky ones.  So happy for you and looking forward to the next photo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:37 pm »
You have done an incredible job, PAP & you certainly look and sound so happy.  :D
Congratulations.  :-*
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 06:13:17 am »
your certainly in the right mindset PAP, great work.. :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2012, 12:44:00 am »
Wow great work just saw the photos, your new haircut makes you look younger too  :) :)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2012, 08:33:58 am »
thought i would share an update - 22.8 kg.....

i wanted to be minus 20 by the end of the year and -25 by april 2013....

i have 1.6kg to go ... and i will be dancing with double dudes (below 100kg) i am trying to get there before the end of the year .... but these xmas party treats are calling my weakness ....  ;) lucky it is once a year

am ahead of where my personal goals are set ... so this makes me happy .... i wanted to be minus 20 by the end of the year (whooo hooo i reckon i will get to -23/24 by the end of the year )and -25 by april 2013.... Would be awesome to make -25 by the end of the year ,,, but no biggy if i dont ...just a bonus.

had a funny experience the other day ... someone who has not seen me in  about 6 months ...come up to me and went "ooooohhhhh my gawd ....in a way that i jumped 10 feet high, spinning about in circles looking for what she was looking at in shock thinking there must be a spider or a cockroach behind me and something was going to jump out ..... :-)) :-)) :-)) and it was me
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 08:40:50 am »
That is fantastic Pap, well done. You are doing so well  :)

Marie

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2012, 09:06:30 am »
Congratulations on your hard work.
Kylie

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2012, 09:28:45 am »
Congratulations. What a great Christmas present you have given yourself.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2012, 10:07:58 am »
Phenomenal effort Sammi. Congratulations :D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2012, 10:14:35 am »
Congratulations PAP on your journey so far, what determination you have!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:59 am »
So - I'm dying to know - how was at the end of last year...???
Any chance of another photo???
Whatever your news - you are inspirational!!!!
Gx

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2013, 05:02:39 am »
so Pap, did you make -25

post another photo.
keep it up.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:52 am »
thanks guys for asking ..... i am currently @-24 ..... soooooo close ..... but i am being so naughty and having chocolate every day  :-)) :-)) :-)) and a little alcohol (cause hubby has been home for 6 weekes holidays.....and on that note we are going out tonight to join in on some chinese NY feasting  :-)) )but oh well i am still happy with where i am at.

i have had to get rid of 6 garbage bags of clothes ..... not one thing i owned pre surgery can fit me anymore........ i actually had a funny moment a while back and forgive me if i am repeating the story .... but i had on my daggy jarmies on a sat morning ... doing the washing ... and i bent down to the basket, went to peg up some clothes and my jarmie bottoms just fell to the grass!!!! Geeezus lucky we have i high fence or other wise our neighbours might be suing me for trauma insurance.

But i feel great, in fact i said to my hubby last weekend that i feel like my life is full of "awesomeness" ...in less than 6months i have lost 24 kg and kept it off, i have started a new job (prep teachers aide), i can shop in regular clothes shops..(i am currently a regular size 14/16 top and a regular 16/18 pants.) ..i have joined a gym and love it!!!!  i just need the winning lotto ticket and I'd have it complete.....

as for photos i will get onto it in the next few days .....thanks for taking an interest