Author Topic: so glad i have a thermo ....  (Read 54685 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
so glad i have a thermo ....
« on: July 29, 2012, 12:34:05 am »
because i am booked in to have lapbanding surgry done in september .... and for the first week after the op it is a strict liquid diet then the next couple of weeks are mashie foods like potatos and stews....then you increase to back to eating normal meals working out what you can and cant handle. ..... so i am loving that i can cook my family normal dinners and just whip my serve in the thermo .... and the soups will be so easy. I have joined a forum of people who have had banding and they share some of their recipes and they talk about different soups that they buy ..... and i was busting to say well i own a thermo and i make my own stock and the soups are so yummy =) and just rave on about my love affair with my thermo .... but  i thought that was big noting my crack and just kept this secret to myself =) .... so i reckon it is the right place to say .... i am so glad i have a thermo and everybody know exactly what i mean with out sounding like a big noter  ;D ;D ;D.

just sayin  ;D
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: so glad i have a thermo ....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:04:13 am »
I think we all love our thermies.  I do.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:09:34 am »
Good luck with your lapband op phatassphairy.  Yes you are one up on those who buy their soups.  I can't remember the last time I bought a can of soup (it would have been for a recipe not to eat as soup), never did like them except tomato soup and have made my own soups since as early as I can remember.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14:08 am »
Soups are great in the TM.

Think you can eat mash potatoe puree... Yum.....

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 01:20:43 am »
Runny pureed porridge ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 01:34:27 am »
Welcome to the forum paf. You are pretty brave to undergo  that surgery on a lot of levels. There are others who have done the same thing and TMX has been the greatest thing. You will never have to worry about making the right food for yourself in the months to come. It also means you can make your own to take with you when you go visiting without any fuss.

I wish you the best of luck and if there is any way we an help you with your journey then  just ask and please keep posting  so we know how you are going. You will no doubt be a help to the others on your other forum so I would not want to keep the TMX All to yourself. Whatever you can do to make it easier  to manage a whole  new way of life the better.

Good luck.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 07:57:41 am »
Good luck on your journey. You are very fortunate to have a thermomix. Your soups will be so much fresher and tastier than those that need to buy their soup.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 08:26:14 am »
Wishing you the very best of luck with your surgery. You are definitely on the right track having your TMX by your side.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:14 am »
Dear phatassphairy - first let me say welcome, as even though you have made 35 posts I haven't met you on the forum before.  :)

Second, just to let you know I have had my lapband for seven years and my Thermomix for 18 months.  I agree that you are well set for your changing life with the support of the TMX.

I wish I'd had mine back in the post-op stages.  Good luck.   
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 10:46:34 am »
Best of luck with the lap banding. A friend had it done several Years ago and has coped really well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 11:18:58 am »
My best wishes on your forthcoming surgery paf. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:32:09 pm »
Best of luck with your surgery and you will find the TMX very useful for making yummy, healthy food and be able to get the consistency you need.

May I also add that a friend of mine lost over 60kgs with lap band and I have seen her change from a very insecure person into this very confident happy one, a decision that was the best one she ever made and I am sure you will find the same xx
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:35:03 am by knittercook »
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »
Hi P
Welcome to the forum.
Best of luck with your lapband op. With the help of your TMX and your sense of humor, judging from your forum name, I'm sure you will be successful. Let us know how you're getting on :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 12:06:25 am »
Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery and recovery afterward.  :)
We all love our thermies - and I am glad you will be able to cook yourself up the needed food too!  :)
:D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 12:13:27 am »
Just had a thought with having TM, you might only be eating liquids but your meals will be high in nutrution using fresh products.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......