Author Topic: Recipe Communities - Boeuf Bourguinon  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Miss 50s

• View Profile
Recipe Communities - Boeuf Bourguinon
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:45 am »
I made this one the other night with mashed potato (first time - divine!!!). It was really yummy even with the big boo boo I made. I forgot to put it in reverse when it was cooking so the meat came out a bit like tuna :p This did take awhile to cook 30 mins then another 40 mins but was worth the wAit. I definitely will be trying this one again in reverse lol!!!!

Offline Stoked

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Communities - Boeuf Bourguinon
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »
I have made this twice now and it was in reverse both times and it still came out like tuna! The first time wasn't as bad as the second time but i used a better cut of meat the second time around, maybe that is why. The flavours were nice though but i really didn't like the consistency of the meat so i think i'll stick to my slow cooker next time.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:24:17 pm »
Have you tried using the butterfly girls?  That can help with keeping the meat pieces whole.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Stoked

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 03:57:36 pm »
Oh really? No I haven't tried, but I will. I was so disappointed as we eat alot of casseroles and curries. My husband said he'd just prefer I did them in the slow cooker but I really want to get as much use out of my TMX as possible!
Thankyou Judy :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:01 pm »
Im sorry but i dont believe things like bourgignon can be cooked successfully in the thermomix .. Same as confit de canard and others similar... The thx is just mot made to slow cook meat... You just dont get the same flavours but thats my opinion.. I love the thermie but it cant make everything and these type of recipes fall into that category.. Those that say it can be done have never ad a traditional bourgignon, confit etc imho..  I have a lovely lamb curry recipe that is slow cooked as well and the flavour is terrible in thermie.. Some things you just cant rush like a slow natural break down of tough meat cuts in liquid ..blurb over..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »
Frozzie I totally and utterly agree!  Not a rant as I never bought my TM with that type of cooking in mind as I love slow roasted meat that has been cooking all day and all the flavours infused etc.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »
I still use my slow cooker for a lot of things - you really can't beat it for tough cuts of meat.  Actually i really want that book "slow cooker meets thermomix" but its in German.

stacelee

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 12:11:34 am »
I still use my pressure cooker a lot...I use the tmx to help prepare the ingredients...why chop something by hand when a device can do it for you