Author Topic: Creamy (non-dairy) chicken, garlic & sundried tomato bake  (Read 14154 times)

Offline Kimby83

• View Profile
Re: Creamy (non-dairy) chicken, garlic & sundried tomato bake
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:29 am »
Glad you liked it Jakodai! :)  My dairy free sour cream that I made from Quirky Jo's recipe was a little on the runny side, I think I added too much water - so perhaps that's why mine wasn't dry looking - am sure it will be just as nice with the real thing :) We aren't on dietary restrictions either - but I do love playing around with alternatives, it really just gives me an excuse to use thermie a bit more hehe!

Hope you like it cookie1 :)

jakodai

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:48:22 am »
dairy free sour cream that I made from Quirky Jo's recipe was a little on the runny side, I think I added too much water - so perhaps that's why mine wasn't dry looking - am sure it will be just as nice with the real thing :) We aren't on dietary restrictions either - but I do love playing around with alternatives, it really just gives me an excuse to use thermie a bit more hehe!
I like trying different things, too - and I think there's more nutrients in the nuts in quirky Jo's sour cream. I think more water would definitely make a difference. It would be interesting to try it with cream, though...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »
We had this for dinner last night. It was delicious. I did make a couple of changes. Instead of Quirky Jo's sour cream I used natural yoghurt.  Also instead of mixing the sauce and cream together and then only using half, I simply used half the quantity to mix together.
This will definitely be made again.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

jakodai

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »
Oooh, yoghurt - I hadn't thought of that. A healthier alternative to cream...

Offline Kimby83

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 02:18:15 pm »
yay cookie thanks for trying it!! :) means a lot that you liked it - i have yoghurt in the fridge, didn't even think to use it!  perhaps this will be on the menu tomorrow then in our house, with your yoghurt tweek! :) yum!  i'll post a pic if i can figure out how once i've made it.