Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8989680 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3390 on: June 18, 2010, 02:06:10 pm »
do you think they'll be impressed?? :-)

I am!  :o   :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 19, 2010, 03:22:01 am »
i would be impressed too.

I have just made 2 loves of bread,
 1 white
1 wholemeal

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 19, 2010, 06:58:20 am »
Sounds very impressive Nay-Nay.

I have made Thermomixer's Yummy Crumpets, a Lasagna, Maddy's Bacon & Cheese Rolls, & a German Apple Cake. I would like to made some Chilli con Carne, some TMX stock, some Artisan no Knead bread later and was going to make the Caramel Apple Pudding but might make that tomorrow night. The weather is so nice today that I actually want to get outside into the garden before it becomes overcast and cold again.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 19, 2010, 07:47:56 am »
You are going great guns RoxyS - it's hard when the garden is calling you but, as you say, make hay whilst the sun shines. Cooking is an all weather task and can wait.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimberley

• View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 19, 2010, 08:09:38 am »
Wow, you guys are giving me lots of ideas. Crumpets sound good, I'll have to give those a whirl.
I have never heard of Rosellas, either, just the birds and the soup. I don't thing they grow in SA.
CC, what is the tip about fitting the butterfly?
I have had a cook up today, trying to fill up the freezer. I have made about 6L of orange cordial to freeze, our orange tree is loaded, 2 batches of pumpkin soup, beef stroganoff from the EDC, chicken patties like the cordon bleus but without the filling, lasagna, tuna mornay, carrot cake,  just everyday food really! Oh and a double lot of tortillas.
Time to put my feet up.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 19, 2010, 08:31:52 am »
Home alone tonight so decided to cook. Well put Thermie on to cook anyway. I've got a TMX demo tomorrow and I thought I would have a display of what you can make at home. Tonight I have made up Berry Cordial, mayonnaise, coffee syrup, chocolate topping, lemon butter, yogurt, vegie stock and I already had made rosella jam and tomato sauce - do you think they'll be impressed?? :-)
That's a fantastic condiment/sauce display Nay-Nay.  Make sure you take a photo of it all, how long it took to cook it all, and maybe approximate savings.  Would make a fantastic addition to your folder of info that you show at demo's.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 19, 2010, 09:55:21 am »
Well done Kimberley, how nice to have a freezer empty enough to fit all that in :o :o :o 

Today I have made a Chicken Noodle Soup, terstoo's Chocolate Macadamia Spread and converted a recipe for Chicken, Spinach & Feta filo parcels.  I made them for the freezer though as I have food I need to get rid of in the fridge. I'll see how they cook up and post the recipe later if I think they are worth it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:41:25 pm by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 19, 2010, 10:35:08 am »
ILB I used CSR jam sugar for my quince jam. I think I may have cooked it a tiny bit too long as it is firm. Lovely though.

This afternoon I made Cheese and Basil Rolls, Caramel Date and Banana Loaf and for dinner we're having Bron's Minestrone with beetroot in so it will be like Borscht.  It hardly took any time at all to make these. I still marvel at how quick I can do things without miles of washing up.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 19, 2010, 12:39:56 pm »
Kimberley , Abbybs asked a question on how to fit the butterfly and CreamPuff and faffa70 came back with that the butterfly fits between the smaller gaps between the blades.I didn't know this, like some others.Cookie has put this tip in ILB's List and Tips for New Owners.Sorry don't how to take you to the site on this forum, there is only so much I can do with my computer!!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 19, 2010, 12:52:05 pm »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 19, 2010, 01:05:53 pm »
Thanks jd, my DS, who helps me with the computer is on holiday.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimberley

• View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 19, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »
Thanks CornishCream and JudyDawn, I'm off to have a read of that link now......

Bonsai

« Reply #3402 on: June 20, 2010, 09:07:49 am »
Study is finished so now I really have time to play with the Thermomix (which we've had since February and DH has been the 'masterchef' so far).
Today a batch of Isi's portugese rolls, some chocolate beetroot brownies (all gone!), a ginger and pear pudding, Tom Ka Gai soup cooking now (not sure how it will work with a 1/2 recipe!), Lime Pickle from Indian cookbook - I'll post a teak for this. I think I could easily get obsessed!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 20, 2010, 10:45:24 am »
Believe me it's not all hard to get obsessed.

The freezer is feeding us tonight as we had a car rally today. Another one successfully completed without having to phone home to be towed. Naan bread being made to go with the freezer curries. Rice to be cooked soon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 20, 2010, 11:05:31 am »
That's a fantastic condiment/sauce display Nay-Nay.  Make sure you take a photo of it all, how long it took to cook it all, and maybe approximate savings.  Would make a fantastic addition to your folder of info that you show at demo's.
Oh I was going to take a photo of my display Cathy buy my helpers (kids) had it all packed up before I had a chance and I did put stickers with times on them eg. lemon butter 8min; mayo 2min etc and hubby did tell me too put the prices on to but that was just too much maths for me!  :-[ LOL
next time...