Author Topic: New Oven suggestions  (Read 39343 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:41 pm »
Shazzy hope you enjoy your ovens it will be good to cook again  :) :)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 09:59:14 am »
It is a relief when decision is finally made Shazzy :)  Now hope it is not too much longer before you will be baking away.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 11:29:25 am »
Thanks everyone - and yes Kezza it is a relief to have made the decisions!  We also had to get a new rangehood and cooktop - so a bit of a mishmash of brands but very happy with them all. Just need the guy who is giving a quote to get back to me and get them installed - its been a week now and still no quote.  SO missing my oven!

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 12:59:07 pm »
Finally had my ovens installed today!! Im so excited. Just have to learn how to use it now!! Feel a cooking weekend coming on :)

mcmich

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »
That's great news Shazzy. If you have time we would loe to see some photos.
Happy cooking this weekend.  :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »
Have fun with you new oven Shazzy  :) :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:42 am »
It's so nice to have a new oven Shazzy, I hope you can work out these new fandangled ovens better than me.   :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:11 am »
Great news Shazzy. I hope you have lots of fun Taking your new oven through it's paces this weekend.
I'm so jealous as my oven continues to misbehave.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:40 am »
Thanks everyone. Didnt actually start cooking til about 4 yesterday. I had wanted the first thing to be a sourdough loaf but unfortunately having problems getting my starter to activate!! Anyway did a chicken roast and couldnt beleive how quickly and how well it was cooked. Also while that was cooking cooked some bikkies in the new comb Micro/oven which turned out beautifully.  I cant beleive that I have been so fortunate to have 2 ovens now!! I feel very spoilt.  Yes JD I am a bit babmoozled by all the switches and the trays ect but hopefully over time will manage to work it all out.  McMich I have no idea how to do anything with photos - I cant even work out how to get them off my phone or camera and print them!! I unfortunately dont have a technical brain in the slightest!!  Hopefully ES you may be able to get a new oven soon. I hated it when I spent all the time preparing something to cook and then it would fail because of the oven (well thats what I blamed it on anyway!!).

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:04 am »
Glad you are enjoying your oven  ;D ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 09:44:44 pm »
Bedlam, BZB, Hally (and everyone else) ... I am starting to look for cookers (once I have convinced DH that we need one) and Miele certainly seems to be one of the front runners at the moment (I hadn't thought of Siemens, BZB).  Whilst you were researching for your ovens, did you consider "all in one" oven / cooktop units and, if so, what are your thoughts?  I am just about ready to toss my cooker out as it is driving me mad and am now on the search for a good replacement but it has to be a single unit, not two separate units.  Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 10:35:55 pm »
We have just renovated our kitchen.
We have put in Siemens ovens and induction cooktop.
So far so good except Siemens in Adelaide doesn't have any support or cooking demonstrations.
This means trying to figure out how the ovens (including steam oven) has been difficult.
In all my research I felt the Miele were smaller and quite a bit more expensive.
Hope this helps

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:31 am »
I knew Miele were more expensive, I didn't realise that they were smaller, though I am tight for size so maybe not a problem for me (I literally only started thinking seriously about this yesterday so haven't done a great deal of research).  Thanks for your feedback, I will try to get a better look at the Siemens site later today.  I have a feeling there is actually a separate thread about this on here somewhere, but couldn't find it, so perhaps I will get a couple more answers on here.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 12:41:28 am »
We have Bosch oven/induction hob. Partly because DH used to work there (with alarms, not ovens, but still made us more aware of the brand) but also because we heard they have very good after sales service. Friends had a cooktop that died after 4 years and it was replaced quickly, with no hassles. 

Speaking of replacements, Hills have just replaced another clothesline for us! They are just great - will never buy any other brand now. Not that it's a frequent thing to buy, but I am very impressed. It's at our rental and a serviceman will go and swap them over and all!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:12 am »
Cuilidh, siemens is a very good German brand. It is the big brother of Bosch. More premium line, but not as expensive as miele. We bought a siemens dishwasher and it's brilliant. Quiet, flexible organisation, has cutlery tray AND basket.

Planning to buy their  hood and pyrolytic oven when we renovate.