Author Topic: New Oven suggestions  (Read 39357 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:11 am »
I have had Neff oven in a precious house and thought it was very good. Well known in Europe but less well known here.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 06:28:28 am »
I have an Ariston which I am happy with it has the pyrolitic cleaning, it was also bigger inside than a lot of the ovens we looked at. We had a built in oven 90cm I think and the ariston was by far the biggest (I would have loved a bigger oven) it also has dual temperature function so you could use the top of your oven at 120 degrees and the bottom at 180 or whatever you want

You got lucky  with your  Ariston. When I bought this house it had an Ariston oven and dishwasher. I replace both as soon as I was able. The dishwasher was a disaster  and the fan on the Ariston was so loud we could not watch the TV when it was on and you could not turn the fan off.

gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 06:42:49 am »
Gert maybe they have improved we also have an ariston dishwasher and are happy with that too

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:22 am »
Gert maybe they have improved we also have an ariston dishwasher and are happy with that too

This was 10 years ago. After the fourth time I had to call the repair guy he said never use the Finish Thingies and to use no more than a teaspoon of  stuff and never never use rinse aide in it. The fifth time I drew the line and tossed it. It was still under warranty but I didn't care.

I liked the pizza setting on the oven but the NOISE!! I replaced it with a cheapo Euromaid which is just fine and sooooo quiet and you can turn the fan off.

I like the idea of the Neff with the slide away door.

Geet
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:38 am »
I don't use rinse aid and I don't overload it with powder, the fan stays on for quite a while after you turn if off though now that you have said that

mcmich

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:20 am »
Try and get a an oven where you can turn the fan off.
My Electrolux has 10 functions but I only use about 2 or 3 of them. It seems to run a bit on the cool side too, I always up the temp.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22:07 am »
Thanks for the comments, I do like the sound of the Neff with the retractable door. I'm going to look that up.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 12:19:44 pm »
I was just about ready to buy a new oven (nothing wrong with the old one, but it doesn't like me), but then bout a tmx instead! Anyhoo, there are some models that have thinner insulation than others which means that they have a larger capacity even though they are the same dimensions outside (I hope that makes sense)...just another point to consider.
And IMO the pyrolitic cleaning function is worth every cent!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »
Shazzy, some of the oven brands have free cooking classes which showcase their ovens.  I went to one for my Smeg and that was great.  You can ask lots of questions and mine went for 2 hours and we ate everything that was cooked.  I am happy with my Smeg, but because it was freestanding, couldn't get the self cleaning which I would have loved.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »
Thanks everyone for your replies - it has been interesting reading.  I have oscillated between the 3 I mentioned. I love the Miele that I looked at (and my hubby said that I could have!!) especially the new steam part as I have been making my own bread but to go to the pyrolitic one its nearly $1000 more which is just too much.  I can get a Bosch pyrolitic oven on special at the moment for just under the $2000 and I guess I just can put a bowl of water in when doing bread! Kezza great idea about the cooking class - I know that neff does one and I am planning to see if I can get into the one this Wednesday. I have also read that there are issues though with after sales service on the Neff so will follow that up further with them on Wednesday.
Need to make a decision soon as my oven is terrible. Made some little pasties this arvo that were a disaster especially the black bottoms!! its just too depressing to cook!
Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
before l buy any items l check out the reviews in' CHOICE ' magazine . you can borrow it from the library
 its has saved me a lot of money and you can compare the brands and work out what features you want

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 11:44:23 am »
Just updating - I have ordered a Bosch oven and my lovely husband has also agreed to let me order an inbuilt combination oven/microwanve - also Bosch. Im so excited. Only problem is getting the guy to quote on putting the ovens in!! I have been without an oven now for over 2 weeks and feel frustrated not being able to bake especially reading everthing everyone is posting. Thanks again for all the advice given.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 11:51:18 am »
I must admit that my Miele oven is the best oven I have used. Everything cooked to perfection :)

I have a Bsche hob & regret now not spending extra on the Miele hob.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »
Have a St. george  double oven.  One of the reasons I chose it is that it has a side opening door.  This means you don't have to reach over the door to place/ remove things from oven.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 10:47:28 pm »
Hi Shazzy,
You will be happy with the Bosch, my sister is very happy with hers. I have a double Neff, actually a one and a half and have been very happy with it. The smaller of the two is good when you bake just one cake or one loaf of bread. It has many good features. I like the handles of the Neff that turn with your hand when you open the oven which is very comfortable to use  :)