Author Topic: Celebration Cakes - photos only and no comments please  (Read 38671 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Celebration Cakes - photos only and no comments please
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »
I have made another Christmas tree biscuit tower for the Show this year, and have included a couple of photos of the process too. I used this gingerbread recipe http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=53, iced them with royal icing and decorated with silver cachous. The recipe made enough biscuits for more than one tower. I also graduated the colours so the bigger biscuits were a darker colour, and I added more white to the icing as I iced each size of biscuit, so that the smallest biscuits were the palest. I glued a dowel to a cake board, and used this to support the tower, which is why the biscuits have a hole in them, apart from some of the small ones which are placed at the top of the tree.

"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 05:02:35 am »
DS obsessed with boat that park in the road side and call it funny boat - so here is his 4th birthday cake using 1.5 bimby chocolate cake. A friend of mine did the decoration.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:45 am »
DD's birthday cakes

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 03:48:34 am »
Well, my DD asked for a cake shaped like 2 dogs, but as she only asked this morning there was no way I could juggle that.  This should do the trick:
Magic Bean Cake and butter icing

Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 12:01:11 pm »
1 year old's cake smash cake
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »
Cricket Cake for DS's 7th birthday.   For the cake I used a double recipe of EmeraldSues quick mix dark chocolate cake, and for the icing I used the creamy vanilla frosting that Frozzie posted.  The lighting for the photo isn't good, as I took this photo late at night just as it was finished - and then forgot to get another photo the next day in daylight  :-))

Karen in Adelaide

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »
We are celebrating Louis 2nd Birthday tomorrow( although it's next Tuesday ;)) Kept it simple as I'm no cake decorator :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Celebration Cakes - photos only and no comments please
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »
DS requested his favourite cake for his birthday party - New York chocolate cheesecake. Made the cake in good ol' TM. Oreo base, Lindt ganache using method from I Love Chocolate book and Maddy's chocolate buttercream icing.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »
DD 2nd birthday cake

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »
I made a two tier orange and poppyseed layer cake for my SIL's mother's 70th birthday. One layer was filled with orange curd and the other with orange jelly.  The cake was covered in Swiss meringue buttercream http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2012/18181/swiss-meringue-buttercream-thermomix-recipe.html

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2016, 12:38:51 pm »
I have also made another gingerbread Christmas tree. However, this one was made in one piece. A tree of life pattern was cut out of gingerbread, baked and then iced.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2016, 03:04:11 am »
Just finished this one...
A Pinata cake for DD's 6th birthday. It's filled with lollies...instructions here...http://www.sprinklesforbreakfast.com/sprinkles-for-breakfast/pinata-cake

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Celebration Cakes - photos only and no comments please
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2016, 11:41:10 am »
Two cakes in three days. Both very different.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2016, 07:03:27 pm »
I went on a one day Christmas Cake decorating class last Saturday with my sister-in-law. I made the cake a few weeks ago to mature.At the class we covered the cake in marzipan and fondant icing. We then decorated the top making a Christmas Tree using a technique called Quilling.It was hard LOL. The top of my tree isn't right but I really pleased with what I achieved.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.