Author Topic: Help EDC Pizza dough  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Terri

• View Profile
Help EDC Pizza dough
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:47:48 am »
Sorry if this is covered somewhere but i dont have time to look right now  :( everything happening at once "sigh" i made the dough 2 days ago now and tried the refresh 30sec knead yesterday and was overly fussed with the outcome, after the refresh knead should i let it rise again for say 30 min ??

Dont want to waste it and my freeze attempt was terrible, i left it in a ball double wrapped with cling wrap and it was heavy and had hard spots on it  :(

Any help greatly appreciated

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help EDC Pizza dough
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:46 am »
It sounds as though it may have been freezer burn. I would let it rise again but I don't know why!! When I do pizza dough I actually make the base and freeze it partially cooked. That's if I have any left.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Terri

• View Profile
Re: Help EDC Pizza dough
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 07:43:50 am »
Thanks Cookie, next time i freeze it i will try the half cooked base. It seems letting it sit in TM bowl while i went to get kids from school was a good idea, i made little pizzas and the bases were beautiful, so in future i will do 30sec refresh knead and then let sit in bowl for approx 30min, it didnt seem to rise per say but it wasnt cold and the result was the same as if it was fresh  ;D