Author Topic: Chef's Package - Worth it?  (Read 11331 times)

Offline geordiestew

• View Profile
Chef's Package - Worth it?
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:21:28 pm »
Evening all. I'll do an introduction post when I get chance (this week). My wonderful wife and I have decided to spend some of our wedding gift money on a Thermomix. Just the two of us at home, no kids yet. Hoping it'll make cooking more accessible as we are both professionals with stressful jobs.

Question is whether the Chef's Package is worth the additional £200. How often does your second jug get used? Tools any good?

Thanks in advance.

Stewart and Tracy

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
Re: Chef's Package - Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »
For those of us in Australia, what is in the chef's package?

If it includes the second bowl, go for it. I've got a second bowl and it comes in handy a lot.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 09:01:03 pm »
Hi Stewart and congratulations on your marriage and wise decision to use your gift money to buy a Thermomix. I have always said the Thermomix is the best wedding present you can get as you will still be enjoying it on your 20th!

As to the chefs package I have not heard of it so assuming it is a bonus in the UK at the moment. And yes it will be worth it. I have two bowls and use both all the time. Many of us have two and even one lucky member has three. Those who have one often wish for a second bowl and at the £200 it seems a good price.  You will certainly not regret buying it now but in a couple of months if you haven't bought it you will be kicking yourself .

It is not the things we do in life we regret it is the things we don't do.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline geordiestew

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:20:20 pm »
TM = £885
TM package = 2nd cooking bowl, blade, whisk and spatula = £1094

So, it's £209 more. But from the sounds of things it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the messages so far :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum Stewart.
What a great idea to spend some of your wedding money on TM.You will certainly have fun cooking the TM way.

The chefs package wasn't avaible when I bought my TM but I did buy my second bowl during a special offer that UK Thermomix ran a few years ago, I paid £199. My second bowl is used very often and like many members have never regretted buying it.

Stewart there is a topic for meals serving 2- 3 people that might be worth you reading ;)
Links to meals serving 2-3 people
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:37:11 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »
Hello Stewart, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent wedding.  Great choice for spending some of your gift money on the wonderful Thermomix, whose the cook in the house - you, your wife or both of you?  Go for the chef's package, it sounds like a good deal to me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »
Hi Stewart, Congratulations to both of you on your recent marriage.  I only purchased my second bowl about three months ago and now wonder how I lived without it - go for it, you won't be disapointed.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 12:22:49 am »
Welcome Stewart, i have 2 jugs also and find it helps make the most out of thermie. You really wont regret buying it especially as you have already joined this wonderful forum. This will keep you inspired.
Denise

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 12:46:30 am »
Congratulations on your marriage.

I have 3:) quite often have 3 going at the saame time :)

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Augusta

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 02:06:00 am »
Hi Stewart , welcome to the forum. You will never regret buying a thermomix and to have a second bowl is a big bonus. I bought the second bowl and use it often. It especially comes in handy when you have forgotten to chop something in the recipe you are doing so instead of having to either do it by hand or remove contents of bowl you can just whip out the other one and use. Enjoy

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11:29 am »
Stewart and Tracy - a very warm welcome to the forum!  What can I say that the others haven't said already!  I have two bowls as does my DD and we wouldn't be without the second one.

Congratulations on your marriage - and on a brilliant decision to add the Thermomix to your kitchen. 

We look forward to hearing more from you and to hear how you're going.

Other links you might like to take a look at:  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0  - a cookbook in itself - recipes all tried and tested by a long time and very talented forum member!!  and 

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=13567.0  - this begins with a wonderful recipe for beef stroganoff - just scroll down a little and there are quite a few links to more recipes by a very gifted cook!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 07:06:04 am »
Welcome Stewart and Tracy. How very exciting to be able to purchase a thermomix so early in married life. You will never regret it.
You will find that this forum is one of the most helpful things around for queries, recipes and anything else related to thermomix.

My DD is a professional and has recently realised how much time the thermomix can save her.

I'd definitely go for the extra package.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 10:33:43 am »
Hello Stewart and welcome. Congratulations on your marriage. Very good choice using wedding money to buy a thermomix. Yes buy the second bowl. I don't have one and regret not picking it up when on special. Go for it.

Offline geordiestew

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
Demo tomorrow. Excited. Will order all being well...chef's package. :) thanks for all of your wishes and advice!

Offline Welsh Rarebit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:16 pm »
Well I'm a newbie but think I might actually need at least 3 jugs!

I bought 2 and am very glad.