Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8976690 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1065 on: July 21, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »
I need to ask you all a huge favour??  Next time I say I'm not looking forward to going away and would prefer to stay home and cook - please give me a swift kick up the you-know-what  ;) ;D ;D   ??? What was I thinking??? Obviously I needed a break  :-\  And after saying that - I was genuinly looking forward to coming home and cooking up a heap of vegies after all the rich food (and wine!!) of the last few days.

Jeanie didn't get a break while I was away - I "lent" her to a friend as it just so happened that the gas guys were coming while I was away to fix the heater and I couldn't bear the thought of Jeanie being left out on display.  So a friend kindly agreed to babysit for me  ;)  So Jeanie busily cooked her dinner last night of a strawberry sorbet and a risotto, much to the delight of friend.  Her DS (2yo) also had a delightful time when Jeanie was doing her thing dancing away to the whirring  :D :D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1066 on: July 21, 2009, 12:17:10 pm »
LOL at the dancing! glad you had a nice break, isn't it always lovely to have a homecooked meal with vegies when you get home!

i also multiply my taco mix out -i think it's in tspns and i make it in tablespoons and double it or something? lol i make enough to fill a tupperware oval 2 modular mate if that means much to you?  i ran out last night so need to make up a batch this weekend but might have to be a smaller batch than usual as i cna't afford all the spices atm
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 21, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »
Thanks Karen. I'm absolutly exhausted (way too much partying and they wanted us starting way too early in the morning  ;) )

My friend actually recorded one of his dances just to show me - it was soooo funny!  He was having a great time!

Yes - an oval 2 does make perfect sense - that's a huge batch!!  :o  That would keep the two of us going for ages - but can imagine your family would go through it a lot quicker.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2009, 12:54:12 pm »
Glad you survived the weekend ILB but sounds like going back to work will be a breeze due to the fact there in no alcohol during working hours ;D ;D ;D  It must have been a little bit enjoyable though, not having to cook or make your bed ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 21, 2009, 01:01:39 pm »
yes JD - I don't want to see any alcohol for a few weeks (I don't drink much or very often so a little is a big amount for me) - all in the name of work though  ;). The hardest part was a wine blending activity at 9am this morning where we had to make our own blends trying to match to some new release products... funnily no one was that excited about the activity  ;) :D :D :D 

Loved no cooking, no dishes, no making my bed!!! And it was nice to let my hair down for a couple of days - enjoy some adult company and have fun.  I haven't laughed so much for a while - it was all good.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 21, 2009, 01:02:18 pm »
yep, it generally lasts about 4 months maybe - we eat tacos quite a lot as the kids everyone loves them and they are reasonably healthy AND easy ;)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline scatman

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:00 pm »
Glad you enjoyed yourself ILB.   

Keep laughing  :D  :D  It's good for the heart, tones the tummy and makes everyone else wonder what you've been up to. ;) ;) ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1072 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:47 am »
yes JD - I don't want to see any alcohol for a few weeks (I don't drink much or very often so a little is a big amount for me) - all in the name of work though  ;). The hardest part was a wine blending activity at 9am this morning where we had to make our own blends trying to match to some new release products... funnily no one was that excited about the activity  ;) :D :D :D 

Loved no cooking, no dishes, no making my bed!!! And it was nice to let my hair down for a couple of days - enjoy some adult company and have fun.  I haven't laughed so much for a while - it was all good.

Good to see you survived - sounds like there was no need to sneak home !!! 

You were supposed to be spitting, not guzzling while blending  :-)) :-))
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 22, 2009, 01:34:51 am »
Good to see you survived - sounds like there was no need to sneak home !!! 

You were supposed to be spitting, not guzzling while blending  :-)) :-))

Ohhhh..... no one told us that Thermomixer  ;) :D :D  do you think the bosses would have noticed??  ??? .. actually, I can't remember them spitting either.. ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 22, 2009, 09:54:54 am »
Glad you had a lovely time ILB. You deserved it. :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #1075 on: July 22, 2009, 12:15:58 pm »
Ooooh Bron, you rock!  ;D

Tonight we made your garlic rice and ratatouille... there is none left!!  What happened to leftovers? LOL  :P
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 22, 2009, 02:03:41 pm »
Glad you had a lovely time ILB. You deserved it. :-* :-*

A big heart felt thank you cookie.

Tonight we just did the easy spag bol and Miss 3 wanted to steam vegies in as well (bless her!) so we had them very carefully placed over top of the spaghetti tonight (she got some new pink tongs at the cheap shop today - so had to dish up ;) :D )

It's so funny - often she worries I might be using the TMX for the wrong things, and tonight was very concerned I was dishing up her icecream with banana in the tmx.  :D :D :D

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 23, 2009, 12:08:20 am »
Ooooh Bron, you rock!  ;D

Tonight we made your garlic rice and ratatouille... there is none left!!  What happened to leftovers? LOL  :P

Hahahahaha  :D :D :D :D There should have been some some leftovers! Obviously your lot have a very good appetite! Pleased to hear as always it went down well!
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 23, 2009, 05:03:15 am »
I'm now makinga half batch of risotto (sort of risotto milanese, without the saffron as I forgot it lol) for lunch for the girls and I.

I made a whole lemon cake for morning tea (we had friends over) and am trying to get motivated to make some gluten free chicken nuggest to put in the freezer :) (thermomixer's recipe)
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1079 on: July 23, 2009, 05:35:08 am »
If you find a spare kilo of motivation then I could use some  ;) ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.